Knife Storage?

Hey guys,

How do you store your knives / pocket knives? I was possibly looking at getting a display case or something but I wasn't sure if there were better ways to handle it.

I use a large husky bag it has pockets inside and it holds 3 storage boxes it's awsome and you can put a lock on it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Display case means to me that these are knives for show, and not users?

So my question is, long term storage of non-users, or just a place to keep all your knives together between use?

Is it important that they can't be accessible, let's say by young children you may have?

Comes down to personal choice, do you want to display them or store them? I display a lot of mine just for my own enjoyment, but the higher dollar knives get put in the gun safe just in case something should happen while I am away. My father actually made me my display case awhile ago, pretty easy to do if you have the time (he is retired :p) and tools.
Untitled by Danny Nystrom, on Flickr

Comes down to personal choice, do you want to display them or store them? I display a lot of mine just for my own enjoyment, but the higher dollar knives get put in the gun safe just in case something should happen while I am away. My father actually made me my display case awhile ago, pretty easy to do if you have the time (he is retired :p) and tools.

Really like that case.

Looks like you need a bigger one!

Awesome collection

" don't start none, won't be none"

Display case means to me that these are knives for show, and not users?

So my question is, long term storage of non-users, or just a place to keep all your knives together between use?

Is it important that they can't be accessible, let's say by young children you may have?

I am single so it would be nice if I have something that is both for show and both quickly accessible when I need it.

I store mine clipped to my right front pocket. :D

or I have two of those Spiral note books with the thick plastic covers. I have them on a shelf, and clip the knives or flashlights to the plastic covers. Keeps them from moving around. This also works well in a safe shelf. I saw a guy at a gun show who made small shelves out of thin kydex & some wood. He would slip clip on gear to the kydex part of the shelves. That is where I got my ghetto version of the idea from. He even had some that he glued extra strips of wood to and made little divider lanes. His looked pretty neat.

I am single so it would be nice if I have something that is both for show and both quickly accessible when I need it.

Then a display case like above might be the best idea.

I find the best way to store any knife is in a controlled climate, and open air in your house is perfect.

Cases and other types of enclosed environments tend to create their own little climate and many times the materials used in those cases are not very friendly to steel.

Clear tackle boxes for me. See if I have a pic. Ah ha.

20151208_104350_zpspasjxr4h.jpg

These boxes have anti-rust properties built in, I also put desiccant packs in there.

Last edited:
First off Seneca18, that is a great looking case.

I use a few different things.

I have 2 Spyderpacs hung with removable 3m hangers behind my door.

The higher end knives are in a William Henry display case, and the rest just sit on my desk.

Last edited:
Acrylic makeup drawers are cheap on the big river. Provides semi display and makes any daily rotation easy.

292tb1x.jpg

15q24id.jpg

Or you could invest in a locking countertop spinner. [emoji2][emoji51]

2415pcn.jpg

1yq1w5.jpg

Or some cheap big box cabinets and jus stack'em deep. [emoji15]

261ge20.jpg

1zqqc09.jpg

•••••••••••••••

Sent from my mind....using Tap-a-Thought. (tm)

I use a Pelican 1500 case. This makes for a secure setup that I can showoff to family and friends.

20160911_180952.jpg

20160911_181013.jpg

I've got a bunch of these pirate chest/gothic type jewelry boxes I've picked up over the years, some of my collection is also in old cigar boxes, probably not the best place to keep them? I don't know.

DSCN7450_zps9i1kznmc.jpg

Back