Knife Storage?

8167cf6dc3f1d5779e5f2edb11f5586d.jpg

My users just get tossed in a box.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

My storage is for storage and organization, not display.

I use these plastic tackle boxes for my user knives-

tackeboxflamb_zpsrv03uokr.jpg

20140209-01b_zpsb13a7d8d.jpg

I have an Adeptus cart that my wife bought somewhere on the net that I use to store various little tools and gadgets.

I don't display my knives, but I keep them in a drawer in 2x6 in. 4mil plastic bags that you can get on eb, very cheap but works great

I have actually built some kind of tool box intending to store all my knives there. It should be big enough for it. But now the problem is that I can not find a place for it that I like. So it sits in the basement empty. Now I contemplate making a few smaller boxes that I can put around here and there the way my current storage is "organized". That's the box:
cf4500fc36bb2b8518527125410a62b2.png

I tried a bunch of different storage options but settled on the Pelican 1400. Safely stored, covered and easy to access for when I want to switch up my EDC

As bad is it may look, these tools are used and appreciated. I enjoy seeing how others store their knives, but how I store mine works for me. A production titanium frame lock is far from a precious little gem. These knives can certainly handle being stored in a box. They always cut when asked.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Another vote for tackle boxes and jewelry cases, as well as plastic buckets and similar stuff, knives, SAKs, Multitools...it depends on the size, type of tool and number of them, Many examples:

CAM04420_zpsxhdojy2m.jpg

CAM04464_zpsdg7xebmb.jpg

CAM02944_zpskhqztvv5.jpg

CAM02943_zps2agfdgtn.jpg

CAM02987_zpsj8781bkd.jpg

These are some of mine

CAM02586_zpscfijefqv.jpg

CAM02585_zps33khprwb.jpg

CAM01858_zpsvxfjnkgn.jpg

IMG_20160410_080514_344_zpsvfegiahv.jpg

CAM04416_zpshumeiqvw.jpg

Very very nice!

Comes down to personal choice, do you want to display them or store them? I display a lot of mine just for my own enjoyment, but the higher dollar knives get put in the gun safe just in case something should happen while I am away. My father actually made me my display case awhile ago, pretty easy to do if you have the time (he is retired :p) and tools.
Untitled by Danny Nystrom, on Flickr

I keep mine in a very simple storage pouch/case. It folders up into a nice, small little deal you could take with you anywhere if you needed to. I keep all my custom folders in these, and my production knives and my two small fixed blades go in a drawer. My custom slimline machetes stay on top of the counter where they are easy to get to because I use them more than any knife I own.

knife storage case.jpg

I don't display mine. I keep mine in factory boxes...stacked in cardboard box(es) in my safe. I look at them rarely, but love 'em. I carry the same EDC every day, so the others just sleep until I sell or trade them for others.
Not too sure why I do this....

I picked up a small plastic tray (6"w x 8"l x 2" deep) at Lowe's a month or so ago to stash my edc's or any smaller knife that I was just looking at before placing them into my longer term storage. Seems to work for me. I use "Really Useful" plastic storage cases for the good stuff and a rubber maid tub for the stuff I have little interest in handling or using.

The problem with EDC's is they fly around on my desk or on dressers and so forth and I can't find them when I want to. So, the tray seems to work for me.

I love the Spyderpak! I took out the wooden dowel rod to make it flexible and easier to sling over my shoulder and carry. Also put squares of fabric adhesive velcro on the pockets with smaller knives to keep them from sliding out if I, say, have the bag open next to me on the sofa because I'm sharpening or oiling or switching out the EDC of the day while watching tv (or just oogling the collection if I'm being honest) and the dog jumps up onto the sofa and the bag slides off sideways and ends up upside down on the floor, just to, um, pick a totally random and hypothetical situation in which the pockets may not be quite secure enough.

I use this for the non-Spydercos:

With the spill over in a generic bag with slots along each side and in the middle, plus it has room on the inside for the Sharpmaker and other odds and ends:

Does anyone have any suggestions for fixed blade knife storage? Preferably something portable, comparable to the Spyderpak?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPod

I only have few knives nod for now until I make a decision on a more permanent solution I use a product from a manufacture I get my (gun socks) from. They're a bit more substantive than your regular gun socks and are treated with silicone. They sell the gun socks on Amazon or other websites to include their own website. The product or manufacture is called Bore Stores.

Years ago I did the same (silicone treated "socks") and stored some of my nicer fixed blades in them. Worked just fine, but you still have to place them into something else inside the socks. At first they were stored with my guns, then later in their own storage space/compartments inside the sock.

Back