Knife Storage?

I just toss them in two large plastic bins, one for valued knives i would drag out of a fire and one for those i would not
I also put those nice benchmade-type synthetic bags on my rarest or most sensitive knives

What does everyone do with their boxes? My collection is relatively small but I have been just keeping them in their boxes in a big cardboard box stacked up. It does make it a pain when I want to pull one out.

I keep mine in their boxes if I haven't used them. Otherwise, they are visible. I have been keeping most of my boxes although I sometimes wonder why. Old habits, I guess with guns.

Bore Store for my guns as well as for my knives. It's small but then again I don't have a lot so it works fine for me. Besides it still have a spot available for the one I still have incoming fairly soon.

f25e03884b34fcf6bdc4939d9220af98.jpg

a1256fd98ab11fcfea639a5c7befc96f.jpg

Anybody every use something like this? It's a pliers rack for a toolbox drawer. I'm diggin it so far :thumbup:

jDq0ImO.jpg

Bore Store for my guns as well as for my knives. It's small but then again I don't have a lot so it works fine for me. Besides it still have a spot available for the one I still have incoming fairly soon.

Classy knives! What's on the way? I did the math and it looks like you'll have room for 1 more after receiving the inbound purchase.

Classy knives! What's on the way? I did the math and it looks like you'll have room for 1 more after receiving the inbound purchase.

Thank you sir. For now a Rockstead Shu. It's been on order since March of this year and I hope to have it in the next few weeks.

With regards to anything else I have an idea of a few I would like but I will probably put it on hold until sometime next year.

Thank you sir. For now a Rockstead Shu. It's been on order since March of this year and I hope to have it in the next few weeks.

With regards to anything else I have an idea of a few I would like but I will probably put it on hold until sometime next year.

Wow, that's a long wait! Hope it exceeds your expectations when you finally get it!

I think the longest I waited for a knife was 3 months. It was tough.

Wow, that's a long wait! Hope it exceeds your expectations when you finally get it!

I think the longest I waited for a knife was 3 months. It was tough.

Thanks, I've actually waited longer for some made to order items. Actually even if it exceeds the original ETA and try one's patience from time to time I find them well worth the wait. It's what I wanted in the first place and that's why I ordered it. Besides you have them for much longer than you ever waited for them.

Last edited:
I wanted to bump this thread to see what else people use. I bought the spyderco thing and while it was cool for traveling it isn't convenient for home use.

I am trying to find a way to store knives. I just saw an interesting video showing a deep Pelican case with cutouts to store them vertically.

I am curious about something. How many of you are keeping the boxes that production knives come in.

What does everyone do with their boxes? My collection is relatively small but I have been just keeping them in their boxes in a big cardboard box stacked up. It does make it a pain when I want to pull one out.

This is what I do with mine:
  • I keep the boxes in a large Rubbermaid container.
  • Two Pelican 1500s store most of my folders but my Chris Reeves have a dedicated Pelican 1300. The Pelican cases work great for me.
  • I also have an 18-slot Spyderco roll and two Boker Plus Vaults for travel.
  • My fixed blades are in a gun safe hanging on the door in a cheap closet door shoe organizer.
CRK%20Pelican%201300%20Edit%20Layers%201024%20Pixel%208_zpsxizz9ubw.jpg

This is what I do with mine:
  • I keep the boxes in a large Rubbermaid container.
  • Two Pelican 1500s store most of my folders but my Chris Reeves have a dedicated Pelican 1300. The Pelican cases work great for me.
  • I also have an 18-slot Spyderco roll and two Boker Plus Vaults for travel.
  • My fixed blades are in a gun safe hanging on the door in a cheap closet door shoe organizer.
CRK%20Pelican%201300%20Edit%20Layers%201024%20Pixel%208_zpsxizz9ubw.jpg

How do you cut out the holes in the foam

Back