Knife Storage

My mother-in-law gave me this box for Christmas and figured I'd share it with yall. Not sure where she got it from, but I like it! Nice storage and organization. It will a lot of my knives, but not all. If I had 2 of them, they might hold them all. Here are some non-professional pics to show the storage options.

ujUexv5.jpg

CMtYtFj.jpg

9MK3ork.jpg

sqEOlwZ.jpg

KJsuKhx.jpg

Xq7tyxy.jpg

pbZDpbL.jpg

Not big enough for my big choppers though
QbpJoHN.jpg

Merry Christmas to all!

Very nice. You have a cool MiL sir :thumbsup:

Nice Johnny.

I recently found a 1940's vintage H. Gerstner machinist chest on Craigslist. It keeps all my small fixers, all the folders, and all the sharpening kit and tools I have. It's classy enough that my wife lets me keep it out on display.

20181109_043951.jpg

I've got one almost like that from Harbor Freight. It's been pretty dang solid. Yours has much nicer lining tho Jonny, mine's green :oops:

What a cool gift :thumbsup:

That's what I was thinking. Isn't the wood finish much darker as well?

That's what I was thinking. Isn't the wood finish much darker as well?

Yes I think so (it's out in the shop, I'll give it a check). I think there are a few more differences as well. I'm guessing they get these imported in runs that might change slightly.

I've got one almost like that from Harbor Freight. It's been pretty dang solid. Yours has much nicer lining tho Jonny, mine's green :oops:

What a cool gift :thumbsup:

Thanks bro, I actually wish mine had the green felt lining!

Nice Johnny.

I recently found a 1940's vintage H. Gerstner machinist chest on Craigslist. It keeps all my small fixers, all the folders, and all the sharpening kit and tools I have. It's classy enough that my wife lets me keep it out on display.

View attachment 1042711

Thanks! Yours is the real deal though. Mine seems to be made of some soft pine or poplar.

Great looking chest and very practical for knife storage. Most of the wooden machinist style chests that I've seen are a version of the Gerstner chest.

View attachment 1042720

Thanks Mossy, it appears that mine is modeled after a lot of the Gerstner ones.

Much more elegant than mine. I just use tackle boxes.
srTnSB4.jpg

I used to keep my folders in tackle boxes like yours too!

After looking at mine again, it IS green! lol It's just not the fairway green like yours, it's more of a darker forest green. Very nice HK!

Oh man, it looks black as coal on my computer screen! I'm still looking for something for fixed blades. You know me, not so much of a folder guy as a big fixed blade guy. No way is the Behemoth Chopper fitting in there!

They may fit without the sheaths, but I like to keep my fixies sheathed as they are all laser sharp!

Really like your set up.

Just be aware that some of the chemicals used in the tanning process for leather are not friendly to blade steels - especially the carbon blades; for that reason I keep my carbon fixed blades out of their sheaths if they be of leather.

Back