Knife you're embarrased to own or admit purchasing?

As title says, super whacky or just bad knife to have, that you wish you never purchased at a first place.

To me, that's some $5 folding karambit from E-Bay I got when I was 14.

It had "super tactical" skeletonized bright red handle too, and it developed very significant blade play after my first attempt to chop into a water bottle with it (it was too small to cut it completely, and not only I was really bad at sharpening back then, but I also had no tools or knowledge to sharpen curved blade.

But that was also my first knife.

A Strider.
I just googled and they look over the top, just screaming "tactical" or "edgy".

One other thing that popped up is how he has some explaining to do.

Now I'm not that sure which one of these are you bothered by? (Or by both?)

I just googled and they look over the top, just screaming "tactical" or "edgy".

One other thing that popped up is how he has some explaining to do.

Now I'm not that sure which one of these are you bothered by? (Or by both?)
I'm glad you asked.

Don’t really care about one single cheap knife, but I have a giant shoebox full of mostly Chinese kershaws that I hardly ever use. I’d gladly trade 2/3 of those back for a new 0470 and 0562cf. $30-$40 here and there doesn’t seem like much, but 30 knives later you start to wish you saved up for a nice piece instead of having half a dozen cryos, volts, links, leeks, scallions etc... don’t get me wrong, I love the leeks and links but I realize now it was silly to buy one in almost every color lol

I admit that I have bought and own several CRKT blades. While I'm not exactly embarrassed by them, they were some of the first knives I purchased decades ago when I was just beginning my adventure down the rabbit hole.

My tastes have become more "refined" (read - expensive) since then, but the CRKT knives serve as a fond memory for where my journey began.

I inherited a mixed collection of knives that included the big curved blade called "Fury" that had a knuckle duster grip handle radiating screw-in spikes. It screamed "1980s Hollywood B-movie serial killer" and I was anxious to get rid of it. Still, it sat in a box of knives I never looked at or even remembered, most of the time. When I finally got around to ridding myself of these junk knives I found homes for most of them but the Fury wouldn't budge. I finally tossed it into a scrap metal recycling bin while doing some renovating. Good riddance!

I don’t own anything I’m embarrassed to admit to...other than the sum total investment of my collection maybe. That’s a number I probably wouldn’t share with many people. There are at least 4 brands I won’t own (including the one already mentioned). And I do have several ridonculous knives, which I’d say toe the line on embarrassing perhaps. Haha

I am not going to comment on the man, his motives, his reasons, or his character. It is water under the bridge.
Same here. As a combat veteran myself that was honorably discharged, I don’t care what he said or did. He makes good knives and has always treated me well, even donating money out of his own pocket to help my friend and fellow firefighters get a life saving surgery.

Last edited:
Same here. As a combat veteran myself that was honorably discharged, I don’t care what he said or did. He makes good knives and has always treated me well, even donating money out of his own pocket to help my friend and fellow firefighters get a life saving surgery.
It's nice to hear that he also did some good things.

People aren't always good or bad, it is more like gray area or moot for most people.

There is a good chance of him actually being a good person deep down in his heart, and only putting up these stories to make some success.

I'm not saying that this is good or fair or that he should be doing it, I just want to say that he probably isn't 100% rotten as some people claim he is.

Now that I remember, I also got help from some people who did some really messed up things to others. They also never asked for anything in return. So I guess even bad people can be good to someone, or even good people can be bad to someone...

I'm going way off into offtopic now tho LOL

I inherited a mixed collection of knives that included the big curved blade called "Fury" that had a knuckle duster grip handle radiating screw-in spikes. It screamed "1980s Hollywood B-movie serial killer" and I was anxious to get rid of it. Still, it sat in a box of knives I never looked at or even remembered, most of the time. When I finally got around to ridding myself of these junk knives I found homes for most of them but the Fury wouldn't budge. I finally tossed it into a scrap metal recycling bin while doing some renovating. Good riddance!
I really hope you have some pics :D

I'm currently in the process of cleaning up my collection, and boy did I have bad taste when I started out. I found some shitty Gerber (paraframe), Bottom of the barrel Bökers, Kershaws I really messed up. Glad my tastes have changed.

CRKT comes to mind. So does a little four inch fixed blade that I bought at a gun show. That is four inches total length, btw.

The fixed blade is now gone. As are most of the CRKT. I keep two of their Prowler models because I really like the design.

Of what I still own, I would have to say my biggest embarrassment is a Cutco folder that I bought at a gun show. Even with all it’s faults, I like the knife. Maybe I will carry it today.

Back