Knife you're embarrased to own or admit purchasing?

Cheapo Boker folder, a big SOG fixed blade whatever and a BudK I bought to hack deer up with. Ashamed mostly because I thought they were good choices at the time. In my younger years, I didn't understand why anyone would pay more than $30 for any knife, as I was completely ignorant and uneducated on the subject. Also, back then, I only had $300-$600 of disposable income per year and I had guns and other hunting gear to buy, and I was just unwilling to dish out the cash on knives. Looking back, I should have picked 1 folder and 1 fixed blade in the $60-$100 range and then proceeded to use the heck out of them for the next 15 years. But the wisdom came after all the frustrating knife experiences. Live and learn....

Honestly, it’s my Spyderco Pacific Salt 2. It’s just very um, green. Don’t get me wrong it’s an excellent tool, but I can’t stand how Z-Hunter the scales look.

Honestly, it’s my Spyderco Pacific Salt 2. It’s just very um, green. Don’t get me wrong it’s an excellent tool, but I can’t stand how Z-Hunter the scales look.

One package of rit dye is less than five bucks delivered. This is my "yellow" Salt 2 Wharncliffe:

Salt 2 Wharncliffe H1 regrind.JPG.

Masculine or Macho is a style or culture or inherently male and not “Toxic” unless you make it toxic. A “Man Card” refers to the person’s adherence to being masculine. You can be male and not macho and that is ok. It’s a free world (If you live in a place made possible by millions of masculine macho men and those who love liberty and freedom)
Any masculine, macho haters will miss out on the positive and beauty they can provide and create. Plenty of masculine and macho knives out there as well as feminine and the spectrum in between. To thine self be true and be accepted. I cast no judgement on people expressing masculine or feminine. be yourself! My observation is some masculine people carry this knife and I find it peculiar. The knife is wonderful for what it is.
All gender expression is fine with me.

Last edited:
I will show myself out. In a mirth thread I assumed that jabs and humor were acceptable. Be well everyone.

351551_d102430e6c154a67a6e266fdf97217da~mv2.gif

The classic stiletto vs the bowie.

jabs and humor

You mean like attacking the manhood of others? Were you born with a Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Comedy, or did you have to work for it? ;)

351551_d102430e6c154a67a6e266fdf97217da~mv2.gif

The classic stiletto vs the bowie.

The classic misquote. He didn't say that and this, he said that and that.

I guess you're 0 for 2, then. Cause 0 for 2 ain't bad... compared to 0 for 3. ;)

(Note the use of winkies to indicate good natured jabs in the absence of my facial expression and tone of voice)

I will show myself out

Is that more:
Show myself out.gif

Or:
Sad walking.gif

😇;)

Hahaha don't cry. Here's a fwuffy kitten! 😁

iu

Now I'm guilty of thread derailment! :eek:

Okay. So I have Ganzo. But I do NOT carry it. At least I ground off the name.

IMG_1299.JPG
IMG_1300.JPG

And one of these things. Also embarrassing.

IMG_1301.JPG

And yes, one of my own, made from carbon sawmill blade steel. Embarrassed because it was one of the first I heat treated myself, and while the blade performs quite well, I warped the handle swishing it around too fast in the oil. So it just sits on a wall magnet waiting for dirty and hard use jobs.

IMG_1302.JPG

Back