Knifecenter exclusive Manix 2 cruwear with carbon fiber

Got my shipping notice too, supposedly will be here on Thursday, can't wait!

also got my confirmation that my cruwear m2 is on its way,my 1st time with knife center,they seem vary good at what they do! e-mails and shipping are top notch.:)

31314746513_e895372f85_k.jpg

31314745713_c8032df445_k.jpg

Initial impressions upon receiving:

This is the best manix 2 I've handled to date, and it's the 8th one. The action on mine is ridiculously smooth, not sure why it's so buttery smooth, but it is. Disengagement requires very little effort compared to a few Manix 2's I've owned, centering is dead on, no blade play, action and lockup alone are a 10/10. I actually like the smooth carbon fiber, since there is so much jimping all over the knife already, it offers a nice contrast to have smooth scales. Only issue I have is the edge geometry is ever so slightly off, but it seems to only be at the tip that it's off. I'd give the knife overall a 10/10 if it weren't for that issue, otherwise it's a 9/10.

Got mine in as well.

The scales have a matte, brushed finish and aren't as shiny as they appear in some pictures. Pretty good tactile feedback, even if it's not the peel-ply we're used to. Lockup and smoothness is perfect. Drops freely when disengaged. Mine was a hair off-center, but I tuned the pivot slightly and now it's dead on. The blade grind, edge bevel, and sharpness are absolutely perfect, in every regard. Hell of a bargain, if you ask me.

Compared to a first generation 154CM version, this one excels far-and-beyond from where it started from. The improvements are vast. This particular model exemplifies reliable, high-performance.

People seem to like regular smooth carbon fiber much more than the peel ply spyderco has been putting on some models, myself included, I think they should just do the regular carbon fiber instead. People would probably prefer it and it would be easier to produce since I imagine putting the peel ply texture takes an extra step during the manufacturing process. Thoughts?

I think peel ply is much cheaper. Think of it as a wood veneer over particle board instead of solid wood.

I could definately be wrong though. I prefer solid CF.

I think peel ply is much cheaper. Think of it as a wood veneer over particle board instead of solid wood.

I could definately be wrong though. I prefer solid CF.

Peel ply is solid carbon fiber, they just apply a film with the peel ply texture as the carbon fiber is setting and then peel it off leaving behind the texture on the carbon fiber.

I like their standard textured peel ply CF. Don't like CF at all on brands other than Spyderco & maybe CRK. That Manix looks nice though, less shiny than most smooth CF.

Dang I'm a big manix 2 fan but broke right now

Not sure why these are still in stock??? Mine came in perfect in every way, honestly prolly the best fit and finished I have gotten from spyderco besides my BHQ m4 para2, I see cruwear manixs selling for 200 plus sometimes and there is one in carbon , that is massively skeltonized also for 168.00

Back