• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Knifecenter experiences?

I am a new to the knife world and have become obsessed. Loving the new hobby. I found BladeHQ early on and have bought everything through them. Every time I had to call or email they were helpful and informative. My question is I now found Knifecenter and found a couple knives on there that are 5-15$ cheaper then on BladeHQ. I was just wondering what peoples experience with Knifecenter has been? Good, bad, anything to help people (me) make informed choices when it comes to this sometimes expensive hobby, plus they are only 2 hours from my house while BladeHQ is a plane ride away. thanks.

Always a good experience with Knifecenter. In my searches on Knifecenter, they were a dollar or two more. At checkout at the“other” place, they charged tax. This increased the price to more that a few dollars. In New York sales tax is 8.625%. Thats almost $9 on a hundred dollar purchase. And no reference to “plus tax” was given until checkout.

I stick with knifecenter or Usa made blade.

I am a new to the knife world and have become obsessed. Loving the new hobby. I found BladeHQ early on and have bought everything through them. Every time I had to call or email they were helpful and informative. My question is I now found Knifecenter and found a couple knives on there that are 5-15$ cheaper then on BladeHQ. I was just wondering what peoples experience with Knifecenter has been? Good, bad, anything to help people (me) make informed choices when it comes to this sometimes expensive hobby, plus they are only 2 hours from my house while BladeHQ is a plane ride away. thanks.
I really like Knifecenter. Always great prices and service. They usually include a gift which is nice. Just a keychain or something similar but it's a nice touch. Blade HQ is great but they can be higher priced, I wish I had shopped more on a couple occasions. Also I should note Knifecenter does not charge sales tax. I have a habit for knives costing hundreds so saving almost 10% on knives costing as much as $500.00 is a big deal! So I save even if they post the same price as Blade HQ. But usually they are cheaper! Happy Holidays!

Last edited:
Knifecenter is fantastic. They are very close for me, so I have even done local pickup a few times at the office (great if you are near Northern VA). Good people, great customer service and fantastic prices. Other good options are DLTtraiding, knives ship free, GP knives, collector knives, and knife works.

I really like Knifecenter. Always great prices and service. They usually include a gift which is nice. Just a keychain or something similar but it's a nice touch. Blade HQ is great but they can be higher priced, I wish I had shopped more on a couple occasions. Happy Holidays!

Thanks for the response, I wish I would have done more research before a few purchases also. Happy Holidays to you also.

I use BladeHQ and KnifeCenter for the ease of searching on the websites.
Parameters can be filtered to narrow down selections.
My favorite vendors site formats are sometimes slow and tedious making searches slow.
But when I find something that I'm looking for I do a web search to get the best price.
Almost always I use a BladeForums supporting vendor for my purchase.

I have sent several e mails to them and never have had them reply .I do not shop with them any longer.Northwest knives have been very good to work with. WB

Helpful and effective service received. Communication was clear and to the point. Entirely uneventful, exactly like it should be. Would recommend them to anyone.

Positive review from me.

I’ve bought from KnifeCenter a few times.

My first purchase was for two items. One was a flashlight that I loved. The other was a moderately priced knife that I disliked the moment it came out of the box.

I immediately put the knife back in its box and initiated a return.

They wound up getting the dollar amount wrong on the return, so I called them...it took me a few tries to explain myself, but as soon as the CS person understood the situation, she made it right.

I’ve done business with them a few times since. If they have what I want at an agreeable price, I’ll keep doing business with them.

Last edited:
They continue to advertise Quartermaster knives as being made in the USA. They know better, but don't care. I do, and won't buy from them.

I've purchased a number of knives from knifecenter over the years. They carry a lot of items that others don't. I've been a satisfied customer.

Back