• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Knifecenter experiences?

Made a few purchases from them. Never had a problem. Had a few from the big Blue and White ( not gonna name drop but everyone knows who I'm talking about). But I'm gonna give them a second chance in 2020. If we write everyone off because they fail us a once in a while we will run out if places to purchase knives from. There was a time that good old Blue and White was my goto. Now I shop around and give my money to a few good vendors. @Ajack60 has given some solid information on great vendors. It's a good idea to go check them.out before your next wallet cleaning.

I have no idea what their customer service is like. I've had absolutely no interaction with anyone at knifecenter, which is exactly how I like my online purchases. Select an item, submit payment and item arrives a couple days later. So far so good.

They do good.

Been a customer since ~1998. I was overjoyed since I was buying catalog style from SMKW. If you get defective product they take care of you, unlike some other Bladeforum dealers.

I've bought a lot of knives from knifecenter since I started collecting. I recently (and regretfully) had to cancel an order, and it was done swiftly with no questions asked. They were professional about it and quick. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them - their prices are competitive, they ship to my location outside of the US, and have a fantastic return policy if the item isn't satisfactory.

KnifeCenter offers a rebate program — up to 5% back (in the form of a gift card). They ship fairly quick and has good customer service. One thing I noticed about their pre-orders are that they doesn’t always get fulfilled. They currently don’t charge tax, but I believe they will starting in 2020 to meet compliance.

Always good,placed two orders both went smoothly.An item or two was out of stock but it took a week or two to come in the entire order was then shipped.

Returns are painless without all the hoops to jump through.I simply just returned the knife that I didn't want and a credit was issued to my CC.

Bladehq won't ship to me because I am in nyc (at least the knives I tried to order)
So I tried knifecenter and I have had reliable experiences with them.
Don't forget their free point system. I also just cashed in a ten dollar gift card which I got for free because of my purchases.

Only hiccup I encountered was them sending me the wrong model of a knife I purchased. To be fair it was labeled as the correct model. I didn’t even bother returning it and kept 2 of the same knife.

They continue to advertise Quartermaster knives as being made in the USA. They know better, but don't care. I do, and won't buy from them.
Well, I knew that would show up. Does anyone actually care where that crap is made? Quartermaster can say USA all they want, but they still make ridiculous crap. I would hazard a guess that the listed country of manufacture is not decided by Knifecenter. In fact BladeHQ also lists the country as "USA". In fact, every place I can find that sells these goofy knives lists USA as the country of origin. If you wanted to make the argument that Knifecenter and BladeHQ should not carry this junk since Quartermaster provides deceptive information, I will agree. But they are likely not the ones writing the ad copy or descriptive info.

Anyway, I buy from them now and then because they have a huge selection, are in the same state as me and I can get something next day if I time it right, and they have the rebate program. Picked up a couple knives to give as gifts this year.

Well, I knew that would show up. Does anyone actually care where that crap is made? Quartermaster can say USA all they want, but they still make ridiculous crap. I would hazard a guess that the listed country of manufacture is not decided by Knifecenter. In fact BladeHQ also lists the country as "USA". In fact, every place I can find that sells these goofy knives lists USA as the country of origin. If you wanted to make the argument that Knifecenter and BladeHQ should not carry this junk since Quartermaster provides deceptive information, I will agree. But they are likely not the ones writing the ad copy or descriptive info.

Anyway, I buy from them now and then because they have a huge selection, are in the same state as me and I can get something next day if I time it right, and they have the rebate program. Picked up a couple knives to give as gifts this year.
I did a scroll through the BHQ list of Quartermaster knives and found one that was listed as USA origin. None of the others, and they dropped the General BS language about being American made on the mfg page. They made those changes at the same time Knifecenter said it couldn’t be bothered to do anything but accept what Quartermaster said. GP Knives also stopped calling them USA made. The retailers have a legal obligation to know whether the USA made claim is accurate. They can’t just rely on the mfg. I’ll never buy another knife from Knifecenter because they made it clear that they don’t give damn whether the USA made claim is true or not. YMMV

DLT, Knifecenter and Knifeworks are the dominant online places I buy knives. I try to buy more in brick & mortar stores for the last couple of years as I have KSF nearby. I seldom buy from BladeHQ. Believe my last purchase was the White River Backpacker Pro. They did just fine. I just choose to buy else where normally.

I've ordered from Knifecenter at least half a dozen times so far. Great selection and prices, and fast delivery. I plan to keep using them.

They currently don’t charge tax, but I believe they will starting in 2020 to meet compliance.

KnifeCenter started charging tax (at least for California residents) sometime in mid-2019. As of right now, the only "larger" retailer I know of that doesn't charge sales tax is GPKnives.

From my understanding, retailers need to collect and remit sales tax to a state if they've had at least $500K in sales from that state. Given that, a lot of the smaller retailers will probably remain tax-free for the foreseeable future. I guess it's time to support small business!

I just received an order from KSF and they do not charge tax either
Super nice people to deal with and lightning speed Shipping
DLT hasn't charged me any tax as of yet
Knife Works either

I live about 45 miles away and asked if I could swing by and pick up a knife without the shipping. They are not set up for that.

Bought a cheap Kershaw and they sent tracking info. It went from VA to almost 10 miles from my house, then off to Illinois before it came back to VA. Crazy

I had a few transactions with KC and everything was OK. No problems whatsoever.
Good dealer IMHO.

I live about 45 miles away and asked if I could swing by and pick up a knife without the shipping. They are not set up for that.

Bought a cheap Kershaw and they sent tracking info. It went from VA to almost 10 miles from my house, then off to Illinois before it came back to VA. Crazy
Online retailers without storefronts are common these days, so I'm not surprised you weren't able to go pick it up directly from them. The package being sent on a sub-optimal route isn't on Knifecenter - they likely have no say in how the courier's logistics worked out.

Always a great experience with Knifecenter. Been using them for 20 years and I've never had to deal with their customer service. They are one of the half dozen dealers I use. Highly recommended.

Back