Knifemaker challenge

Umm, what are you doing with the other prototype? Dibs if you sell it.

I'm gonna keep one and give the other one away. I haven't decided yet which I'm gonna keep though.
So keep your peepers peeled, shortly after the contest is over I'll put up a thread in here.:thumbup:

I'm wantin' one of those. I mean, what happens if I'm attacked my a Mountain Lion or sumpin'. Seriously, I really want one of those. Moose

If all you have is the knife you'll probably be mountain lion skat in short order.:D
Heh. Glad you like it , brother.

That is one thick SOB...

Ski
It does look really thick in that picture doesn't it? It's not compared to the other one though. 1/32" thicker is all. Must be an optical illusion.:D

I predict that will be the winner.
Thanks, brother. I'm not sure, there's some heavy weights in this one so we'll see. I just hope it comes back in one piece.:D

Thanks everybody, I appreciate all the really nice words.
I'm gonna be working on the sheath tomorrow and I'll have a new vid up soon detailing what this knife comes with and what it doesn't come with.:thumbup:
Iz

After seeing those pics I'm begining to think I'm in way over my head.
I can't wait 'till it's over, I'm sweating like a dog passing peach seeds.
Iz

You sure you didn't eat a whole oh-Sage orange??? I think the only thing you need to worry about is whether or not they actually send it back when they are done!

Really, do you see any other varied convex blades? How about pommels???

I don't think so. Your's may be different, but I think in this case that's a good thing. You know what works in the woods and what doesn't. Some, but not all of these other makers are no where near the woodsman you are.

And hell, if nothing else comes out of this contest, you made the Green River come to life, I know you have several orders for them! Free advertising!

Hey Iz did you send instructions on how to resharpen your knife? I'm sure that all those guys are great woodsmen but do they know how to sharpen a varied convex? I would hate for you to lose points on ease of sharpening just b/c they did not know how to do it!

Hey Iz did you send instructions on how to resharpen your knife? I'm sure that all those guys are great woodsmen but do they know how to sharpen a varied convex? I would hate for you to lose points on ease of sharpening just b/c they did not know how to do it!

I bet they can figure it out.:thumbup:

You guys rock. We'll see how it all shakes out.
Iz

My question for Tony....and the other "testers" Where is the Turley at?? Havn't even seen a picture or anything.

Did you guys drop it in the snow and lose it? Did it break and you don't want to say? Or have you just fallen in love with it and don't want to give it back and you're not saying a word about the knife hoping we will all forget about it.

I mean hell, I have read some of the makers already have their knives back and we have yet to see or hear a thing about Iz's??

And I know Iz is too nice to even ask what's up.

I've seen it in some of Big Mike's pics. It was with all the other convexxers.
Fiddleback, Fletcher,Ban and I think I even seen it paired with Marchand. I also think but am not 100 percent sure that Iz has it back.

ONly pictures of it were when they first got the knives, Big Mike posted today he hasn't "tested" it yet.

And I know for a fact that Iz doesn't have it back yet. As of last night when I spoke with him on the phone.

In my opinion those testers have really dropped the ball on this. I know it was a big undertaking, but It's Feb. and they got the knives in Oct.

Back