Knifemakers Christmas season gift exchange!

Stacy,

I second the part about spending time with the family and who ever it is that is the lucky guy who's name you have will be very satisfied when ever it arrives. I am very sure. Everyone here must understand that for some people this is the rush hour of the year.

I got mine!! Woohoo.......and no, I didn't wait to open it. The corner of the box was bent and I wanted to make sure it was okay!!! Really!

Very nice knife. Personal message to be sent later when I have more time but I wanted to gloat a little.

Oh, and this one is one of the "famous" knives that has been shown on here.

Thanks.

Stacy
I agree with Scott , do not work on the knife on Christmas,that is a day for family and being grateful for the birth of Jesus.

Ok, ok I suck. I am behind. I had a large test that I was preoccupied preparing for and took two Saturdays ago, 2nd Dan Black belt in Hapkido. Sunday was a workshop with the visiting masters then Monday Tuesday and most of Wednesday where recovery days. Last Weekend was pheasant hunting with my Dad. I tend to take on a lot.

The knife needs some small touches in the handle and WILL go in Saturdays mail. It should be there for Christmas. I will then post some pictures.

I GOT SOMTHING IN THE MAIL TODAYYYYYYYYYYYY..................... i loovvvvvvvvvvveeeee it. showed it to the wife and my folks and my dad was pretty jealous :) great job!!!

P.S.
well got held up and just made it to the PO today but the lady said it should make it there by the big day. i hope the receiving maker will find some use for it.

Awww, man, now the rest of us know we're NOT getting Stacy's knife :( ;)

You're right. That hadn't occurred to me. I also know that I'm going to be getting something wonderful from someone.

My wife has been great at keeping this stuff from me. I had to send contact information to someone who had lost their letter. I needed to do this with my email and laptop as she didn't have access to her email at the time, and she assisted so that I wouldn't know who he was making his knife for. Dang wives, ya gotta love em!

You're right. That hadn't occurred to me. I also know that I'm going to be getting something wonderful from someone.
True, true, true. There's no telling who drew my name, but I'm 100% confident the knife will be great!

whos up for a new years knife exchange! hurry and get to work! just kidding, but i am so happy with how this worked out. i cant wait to see pictures of the ones that havent been shown. there should be a sticky for every year thats a picture and description of all the knives.
-Lou

whos up for a new years knife exchange! hurry and get to work! just kidding, but i am so happy with how this worked out. i cant wait to see pictures of the ones that havent been shown. there should be a sticky for every year thats a picture and description of all the knives.
-Lou

I like that idea! It would be a great way to keep a history of what this is all about. Next year when people are on the fence, we could direct them to the sticky.

I think it has worked out great, and everyone has had a great time making, giving and receiving. Thanks Scott for a great idea and the work involved. Another thing is every one got a good look at another knife. I know I will be making changes in a few of my sheathes because of the one I got. Jim

My wife just phoned me!!! I got a package today! She said its from the person making a knife for me.

Now I can't wait to get home and I know I finally get to see who made a knife for me. Although, she didn't say whether she was going to make me wait or not to open it. As much as we like to deny it and pretend it isn't true, the wives are definitely in charge, aren't they?

These flights from Gillette, Wyoming to Denver and then from Denver to Portland are going to be long flights!!!!!!!!! Aaaarrrggghhhhhhh!!!

But hey, it's here, it's here. I haven't felt like this over a Christmas gift since I was a kid!

I'm really glad my wife wouldn't let me know who had who, cause today wouldn't have been nearly as exciting if I wouldn't have had to wonder what the knife looked like.

I sent him an email and will try to call him later.
Stacy

Stacy, I got your email, and will be very happy and proud of your gift,,,,when ever it gets here! In fact, come to think of it, I get 2 Christmases , and don't have to wait to open it when it dose get here, Thank You!

Enjoy your Christmas , Same to all, what a fun idea this has been!

OK First I got mine from Will Crump. Wow thank you great blade with nice file work and the sheath is very nice.

Second here are the pics. of the one I will put in the mail Sat for overnight del. I believe we get mail on Xmas eve?!?!

Attachments

• IMG_0782.jpg
    IMG_0782.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_0783.jpg
    IMG_0783.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0784.jpg
    IMG_0784.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 33
Well I am glad you liked the knife I have been excited waiting for your post. And that folder looks great. What are the scales?

I guess I should have put a description with the pictures....DA :grumpy: I did with the knife in the box.:D

It is a DDR3 Kit from knifekits.com I have made several of these including the one I carry every day and have never had an issue with them.

I have also ground blades from stock removal but was more comfortable sending a kit for now. I still need some practice grinding but soon you will be seeing some blades from scratch. Some off to heat treat after Xmas.

Back