Knifemakers Christmas season gift exchange!

I got mine few days ago, but found time today to photograph it. Thanks Christof for the knife!

I really like the shape of it and sheath is nice too! I will definitely start to use it.

I'm happy-happy.

Attachments

• gift_knife.jpg
    gift_knife.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 72
  • gift_knife2.jpg
    gift_knife2.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 45
I got home last night from my trip and my wife didn't make me wait to open the knife that was sent to me! All I can say is "WOW". The knife is absolutely spectacular. There are photos of it on this thread, so I'm going to wait until after Christmas to let you all know which one it was, and will take some additional photos of it.

I'm overjoyed.

I have a question for all of you that have received your knife. When it arrived, did you immediately find something to cut with it? After my wife and I ooo'd and aaaawwww'd over it for a while, I got some paper and began slicing it up into little ribbons. This knife is SHARP! Very well made and attractive. I couldn't be happier!!

Thanks ******* for the great gift!

I couldn't find anything that needed cutting so I started using the one I got to cut wrapping paper and started wrapping Christmas presents. Works great for that.

I got mine few days ago, but found time today to photograph it. Thanks Christof for the knife!

I really like the shape of it and sheath is nice too! I will definitely start to use it.

I'm happy-happy.

i am SO glad it worked out :)

now i can explain why i didn't hone the edge to razor sharpness- i was worried about environmental issues and condensation with a travel halfway around the world.

I also tried to make it pretty Western with the osage orange and the pacific patch type clip blade.

merry christmas!

Postman came while I was at work. I'll have to go Monday at 9AM. Could it be a knife????
Stacy

Got mine in today. LOVE IT!!!!! Pics will follow when the sun is shining. And yes Scott, I did find something to cut....or rather my son did. Had a Happy Meal Bionicle toy in a bag that needed out. I let my son use the knife to make a straight cut across the top of the bag to get to the toy :) Been slowly working on his training.......Too many sharp "toys" of mine around to let him stay untrained in what sharp means. Figure if he is gonna be around knives he should know how to use em. Life is safer with a little knowledge :D

LOL....I actually tried mine out on the included notepaper letter I received with it (didn't mess up the message, though). Sliced the corners of clean! I'm very happy with it and hope we can all band together again next year!

i feal bad i havent gotten mine out yet. i noticed some scratches on the bolster where it meets the blade and i cant let it out that way. i also need to finish the sheath. i think that if some one like me cant get the knife to the other person by christmas he should email them and let them know what there getting.

I got home last night from my trip and my wife didn't make me wait to open the knife that was sent to me! All I can say is "WOW". The knife is absolutely spectacular. There are photos of it on this thread, so I'm going to wait until after Christmas to let you all know which one it was, and will take some additional photos of it.

I'm overjoyed.

I have a question for all of you that have received your knife. When it arrived, did you immediately find something to cut with it? After my wife and I ooo'd and aaaawwww'd over it for a while, I got some paper and began slicing it up into little ribbons. This knife is SHARP! Very well made and attractive. I couldn't be happier!!

Thanks ******* for the great gift!

Scott I am glad to here you got the knife i was getting a little worried that it was lost ;). I am happy to here you like it. All the best to you and the family through out the holiday season.

And i would like to wish each and everyone of you folks that have participated in this gift exchange a very merry christmas and a happy new year:thumbup::D

GOT A KNIFE TODAY! :D

ChristmasknifefromTomDickson1.jpg

ChristmasknifefromTomDickson.jpg

I put 'er straight to use peeling a grapefruit... gotta get started on that working-knife patina (made a little progress, as you can see :))
I'll probably post an updated picture when I make a sheath. Thanks a million, Tom, I love it!

I was at the post office at 8:30AM this morning. There was a parcel from VERY FAR AWAY. It is safe to say my knife came farther than any other. It is a very nice knife, and I am proud to have received it. Thank you.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL YOU GUYS
Stacy

Attachments

• cge knife.jpg
    cge knife.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 79
I was at the Post Office first thing to day also.....Not even a lump of coal in my stocking yet,, maybe soon.

Scott I am glad to here you got the knife i was getting a little worried that it was lost ;). I am happy to here you like it. All the best to you and the family through out the holiday season.

And i would like to wish each and everyone of you folks that have participated in this gift exchange a very merry christmas and a happy new year:thumbup::D

Like it? That would be the understatement of the year. It's incredible! The snake cutout in the handle and the way the sheath showcases that cutout, with the snakeskin inlay, makes for a very impressive package. I've never been the type to collect knives, but this knife has me rethinking whether or not I want to be a collector.

For those of you who have seen Mr. Mayo's hand carved creations on the other threads, you'll know what I'm talking about. They are spectacular!

I thank you sir, for a great gift! I wish you, your family and everyone else on the forums a wonderful and happy Christmas season.

I got mine a few days ago, opened it first for for Christmas! It did an admirable job opening and cutting cardboard all morning. Fits my hand well and it will be well used. Thanks allot L.K:D

This is the knife that Jeff Calvin put together for someone. It's in the mail and on it's way. I'm pretty sure it was made from a Darrell Ralph designed blade with some modifications made to personalize it. Jeff did some handle cutouts and inlaid some MOP.

I think the person that get's this knife is going to like it a lot. Jeff apologizes for not getting it to the receiver by Christmas, and hopes that he enjoys it. He also received his knife from Jim Gellner and said he couldn't be happier!

I got my knife and opened it yesterday. I have to say I am VERY happy with it. Great job Jon “docdredd” Silas. This is only the third knife he has made and I think he did a fantastic job on it.

I am running behind on making mine because I am still having trouble with my Hardcore grinder but it will be done soon and I will get it out.

Thanks everyone and have a Merry Christmas

Michael
www.Adammichaelknives.com

I like that knife allot. the rounded flowing contours are great! i have had a lovely Christmas, and this was a great part of it.
-Lou

Just an update here.

I sent an e-mail to the one I'm making a knife for. Seems like the newborn took way more of my time than I estimated.

Oh well, she's worth it.

ChristmasKnifesmall.jpg

The knife is done except for sharpening and making the sheath. It's 1/8" O1 with lacewood handles. Definitely gotta get a better photo setup. Sad thing is that I used to be a professional photographer for 5 years but sold all of my lighting gear when I moved. Time to break down and build another lightbox.

Anywyay, to the individual getting this knife, sorry for the late Christmas gift. Hope it seves you well. My knives are designed and built to be used, so please abuse.

Charlie

Just an update here.

I sent an e-mail to the one I'm making a knife for. Seems like the newborn took way more of my time than I estimated.

Oh well, she's worth it.

ChristmasKnifesmall.jpg

The knife is done except for sharpening and making the sheath. It's 1/8" O1 with lacewood handles. Definitely gotta get a better photo setup. Sad thing is that I used to be a professional photographer for 5 years but sold all of my lighting gear when I moved. Time to break down and build another lightbox.

Anywyay, to the individual getting this knife, sorry for the late Christmas gift. Hope it seves you well. My knives are designed and built to be used, so please abuse.

Charlie

Lacewood? That looks like zebrawood to me.

Back