Knifemakers Christmas season gift exchange!

Scott,

I do believe you are right. My wife bought it for me back at Father's Day along with several other woods including Lacewood. Guess I just got the two confused.

Thanks

Charlie

I recieved an email from the person that made a knife for me and it is on it's way to me as i write this. It will be like xmas all over again i will post photos when i get it.

Bob

Wee! I just got myself 2nd Christmas today =) A wonderful knife arrived from Jeff Calvin. I know he's not on these forums but I'd like to say thanks here anyways =)

Wee! I just got myself 2nd Christmas today =) A wonderful knife arrived from Jeff Calvin. I know he's not on these forums but I'd like to say thanks here anyways =)

I'll let him know that you're pleased with the knife. He is fairly new to knifemaking and working his way up to grinding his own. He's a former machinist and also my former manager.

i think next year should be done a little diffrent. to enter you send like 10 bucks to santa (scott). then you make the knife and send it to santa. he will then use part of your 10bucks to ship it to the lucky person. the rest of the money goes into his pocket for all the time he spent. just an idea

Okay, it is finally finished. Think I'll start on next years tomorrow so I'll have it ready in time. This knife will go in the mail tomorrow to the very patient recipient.

ChristmasKnife1small.jpg

I'm very happy with how this came out. O1 steel, flat ground (my second flat ground so it actually has a slight convex grind to it, I believe), Zebrawood handles. It really has a nice feel to it in the hand (will have to make one of this shape for myself to try out).

ChristmasKnife2small.jpg

I hope the recipient is happy.

Happy New Year to all,

Charlie

This is the knife that Jeff Calvin put together for someone. It's in the mail and on it's way. I'm pretty sure it was made from a Darrell Ralph designed blade with some modifications made to personalize it. Jeff did some handle cutouts and inlaid some MOP.

I think the person that get's this knife is going to like it a lot. Jeff apologizes for not getting it to the receiver by Christmas, and hopes that he enjoys it. He also received his knife from Jim Gellner and said he couldn't be happier!

I received an email from Jeff and this is what he had to say about how he constructed the knife for Justin Mercier.

Thanks Scott - it was fun to make. It is in fact all hand cut inlays of premium MOP. The walnut was from a tree I cut down, cut into lumber, air dried, kiln dried, and machined into scales and other projects. The lanyard leather is from an Ohio whitetail.

Also - please forward me the blade forums website to this email address.

Thanks and Happy New Years.

Jeff

Glad you like the knife Tom! let me know how it preforms for you, id love some feedback. happy new year all!
-Lou

Lou,It will see a fair amount of use this spring and summer. I try not to be abusive but I'm not easy on a blade either:D You will get a pm on how she works for sure since you asked. Thanks again.

I got my knife yesterday from Tom Kernan! Like Christmas all over again! I love this knife!!!! I'll post pics in the other Christmas Knife thread! -Matt-

I think that this was a success. When I have time, I'm going to go through the thread and make sure that everyone has received or will be receiving their knife.

Thanks everyone for supporting this. I had a great time with it.

Scott,

Thank you for coordinating it. It was a blast. Do this next year and I'm definitely in again. Gonna start earlier though so it's an on-time Christmas knife.

Charlie

Thanks a lot for doing this Scott! I think I know what I'll be making for next year -- with a sheath this time.

I vote Scott as Official Morale and Welfare Representitive! Loved it and next year the knife I send will be even nicer!!!!

I'd love to be involved in this again next year. I'll get started on it earlier though. Would love to spend more time on it.

Erik, anytime you want someone to check your progress just send me another knife so I can compare it to the one I got from you. Of course I'll need to keep it and use it for a LOOOONG time to do a good evaluation. I'm enjoying that knife a lot. That thin blade is one heckuva slicer.

SDS

I'd love to be involved in this again next year. I'll get started on it earlier though. Would love to spend more time on it.

Erik, anytime you want someone to check your progress just send me another knife so I can compare it to the one I got from you. Of course I'll need to keep it and use it for a LOOOONG time to do a good evaluation. I'm enjoying that knife a lot. That thin blade is one heckuva slicer.

SDS

I'm glad you like it :D

SDS

If you really some time I can start the 2008 thread tomorrow! (Just kidding) :p

The one I'm to receive is being finished up, i got a call at xmas from the maker, Scott. :)

I'm already setting aside ideas and materials for next year!

Back