• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Knifemakers PLEASE beware!

Quote from Bart B.:
"The manual has over 200 pictures of the most up to date covert weapons that are in the hands of the bad guys now."

Bart, I am curious as to your stastistics regarding weapons that are actually in the hands of "the bad guys now." Do you have any stastistical data regarding weapons used by the criminal, terrorist, or "bad guy" element?

All the best,

Stuart

Stu, that's the One Billion Dollar Question.

"Experts" who talk about what the "bad guys" use are often unable to come up with any hard evidence of said "bad guys" actually using the weapons in question.

I too take umbrage at some of the language used by Mr. Bjorkman. It is the language of fear and opportunism:

"The bottom line is that these weapons are out there and often in the hands of people with the intent to do harm to you, your family, or those who you are sworn to protect."

"...covert weapons that in the hands of the bad guys now."

Examples please, Mr. Bjorkman? With appropriate documentation, of course.

Karl

Hi Bart,
In keeping with the last 2 questions, could you please respond to this?:

Dr. Sharp said:
As a thorough researcher and a passable writer I find it really important to try to get the facts right. If you have found something that you think is misleading, please tell me what it is.

Ok, the word "often" in this sentence:

“The bottom line is that these covert weapons are out there and often in the hands of people with the intent to do harm to you, your family, or those who you are sworn to protect.”

Thanks-
Ryan
DrClckWrk

Bart, that book is a great idea. However, those concealable weapons are only the tip of the iceberg. Professional killers and terrorists are far more sophisticated. Here are a few ideas to look into for your next edition:

1. Real pros use a Super Weapon System which is a highly modified AR-15 with a silencer (called a "can" by those in the know) converted to fire special .22LR ammunition. This Super Weapon System has an 11" barrel and is easily concealed.

2. An extremely dangerous weapon in the hands of terrorists is the "Armored Wheelbarrow," a term used for a specialized assault weapon/armor system. This device is made from Kevlar and is used to shield the operator and anyone on his team following behind him from up to .308 AP. It has a mount for a Super Weapon System so the operator can snipe at people while pushing the wheelbarrow. It appears that the intended use is for groups of people on the front lines of a riot to charge the police sent to stop the riot. It is also possible to disguise one as a luggage carrier and ram your way past security into the airport terminal. One man with an Armored Wheelbarrow can bring up to 30 Super Weapon Systems to his comrades who passed through security without weapons.

The above information and much more can be found from one of the world's leading experts in firearms and tactics. Ask around and you'll find him. He goes by many names since most people are to narrow-minded to understand his ideas.

Additional weapons and techniques to study are:

3. Poison arrows/darts that can be shot up to a mile

4. CO Generators

5. Combat Shields

6. Chemical weapons made from common plants

7. Hidden underground communities in national forrests living apart from the "ICE."

This information can be found by another expert named Alanc or Alan Connor on Misc.Survivalism. Other experts to consult are an infamous elite commando with the pen-name "Mabu" and strategist going by the name "Quonster." This should be enough information for another book. People really need to be warned about these Armored Wheelbarrows and CO generators.

Don't forget that many of these people also train in martial arts. Go to www.ashidakim.com for the deadliest martial arts information.

Dr. Sharp said:
Hi eda -koppo
It's interesting that you are the only person who seems to take umbridge to my work.

Have you read any of the posts on this thread, or the one at SDF???

For the record (and FWIW) I, too, take umbrage (not umbridge) to your work.

-John

Bart,

There is actually a very deadly tool that has been a covert weapon for years on the streets of my country and there is good reason to believe that a tool similar to this (Or tools, plural, similar to this one...) were used by Al Qaeda to perpetrate the 9-11-01 hijackings where the aircraft were used as cruise missiles.

These things have been around forever and they can be found nearly everywhere. You could tackle a guy stocking the shelves at the local supermarket or liquor store and obtain one. In fact, although some of them are sterile and have no markings, some of them carry the names of grocery stores, liquor stores and various products from Jack Daniels to pharmacy chains.

These knives, of course, are not made by Custom Knifemakers like Barry Jones and they are not produced by mainstream knife companies like Spyderco, Camillus and Benchmade. No, quite the contrary, you can purchase or simply pick these up anywhere with no muss and no fuss and without a background check and waiting period and there is a proven track record for these devices being used by real-world terrorists. Not exactly something you dreamed up to make money while attending The Riddle of Steel. No, these are real and very well known to law enforcement.

Although there are many different types of knives like these, this particular model is one of the most heinous, in that, it is so flat, it can be worn under your foot in a shoe or left totally flat and inserted into your wallet and a lot of other places that...well, due to security reasons, I don't think it is really a smart thing to discuss it here. As you know, the Internet is in the hands of bad people everywhere, just like your book will be in the hands of bad people everywhere and...well...it's just not a good idea.

By the way, did you place "acoustic guitars and socks" in your book? If you didn't, you didn't just "miss something," you really don't have a grasp of what you are writing about.

By the way, do you know what a "Plan" is? "Le Plan?" Your book would make a great "Plan" if you would be the kind recipient of the "Plan."

Anyway, here is the picture of a real terrorist weapon and not something you dreamed up to make money. It is the one to the left. Both are deadly weapons on the street but the smaller and flatter one is really doubleplus-ungood because of it's concealability and it is sterile by nature, you know, so it can't be traced back to The House of Saud.

You small, ignominious ring of muscle, you...

attachment.php

Dr. Sharp said:
Hi Dan,

Support it or not, your choice.
That fact is that for it's target market it is already a success.
You made your mom pay for her copy?

Hey Bartman,

I'd like a copy as well since I guess one of my evil CF knives made your book.

Does it come in a handy roll form for use as mentioned above or just softcover :rolleyes: :barf:

This forum lacks the proper smilies for this thread :(

Caution everyone!! If a bad guy decides to spend $400-$900 to purchase one of the 10-12 I made on the secondary market........Then can remove the 1-2 METAL mosaic pins from the handle without destroying it, we could be in serious trouble :confused:

Insert groin grabbing, fist in the air, BITE ME yelling smilie here:

Bart:

I will attempt to appeal to you in that you at least appear to be a relatively intelligent and sensible person. That and you have been polite in your responses here.

Your lack of response indicates that either your ego is wounded by the lack of "enthusiasm" that you publication has garnered here or that you do not have any factual statistical data to uphold your allegations that some of the tools listed by you are used by criminals and other miscreants. “Bad guys” as you refer to them.

I understand the reason for your use of terms such as "weapons used by the bad guys" and “The bottom line is that these covert weapons are out there and often in the hands of people with the intent to do harm to you, your family, or those who you are sworn to protect.” It is intended to inflame your intended "market" and hopefully sell more books. You probably believe or have been advised that with the recent emphasis on homeland security and other issues related to the past several years of additional security concerns that now is the ideal time to "market" a publication with this technique.

Your publication would be better suited as a simple compilation of non-magnetic, concealable, and/or covert style tools instead of attempting to use hyperbolae and a fear reaction to market and sell more books.

After reading the thread again I am beginning to think that this publication of yours is merely a front to your wife to legitimize your personal collection. Not a bad idea if you were to keep the publication as a collectors guide but to allege that these tools are the choice weapons of criminals, et all, is misguided at best.

In fact, if you had conducted some more in-depth research you would have most likely discovered that most agencies, LEO, military, and even professional private agencies utilize their own training personnel and manuals, and rarely if ever contract with a mere collector to display edged tools that he has acquired. They also usually write their own safety manuals.

If you had conducted more in depth research you would have most likely discovered that the most common "covert" edged weapons encountered by LEO, Correctional, Military, and Security professionals are usually of the improvised type (as mentioned by other persons earlier in this thread) and NOT, I repeat NOT of the several hundred to thousand or more dollar tools made in most cases for professional "good guys". You must keep in mind that not only are most professionals already aware of many of the tools that you solicited from manufacturers on this forum but in many cases these tools were originally made for the use of the "good guys" and because of this your publication (as you appear to intend to market it) is merely "preaching to the choir" or in some cases the preacher. This is why you will find very limited market share with true professionals but you may find some market share with the armchair commandos or "mall ninja" types.

I would be very interested to know about any actual cases of high dollar blades/tools that have been recovered as a result of arrests. I for one (and many, many colleagues) am unaware of any such arrests or encounters. The most typical are cheap knives, screwdrivers (One of the most "covert" weapons out there and one that can double as a burglary tool), and other cheaply made improvised implements that I will not fully describe here.

Now finally, I can only add that the use of terminology that you have chosen is reminiscent of the “assault weapon” terminology used by many manufacturers/distributors in the 1980’s. As many (quite possibly yourself) can recall and as several others here have voiced concern about, this cute use of language to hype firearms sales was used very successfully by politicians to ban and undermine many fine legitimate firearms. These same manufacturers and distributors sold out their brothers in firearm ownership for a fast buck and should be remembered for just what they were and are. This is most likely the reason that your publication has received the reaction that you have seen here.

I certainly hope that this long winded attempt at getting through to you has been of some success.

All the very best,

Stuart

I very much agree Barry :) Well said Stuart.

I am still waiting to hear about the statistics on the vermin that have used all of these devices.[1] But I have the feeling that the crickets chirping will remain the only music we will hear on this issue.

The Rossiter (However it is spelled, I could not care less...) website selling this nonsense is apparently this man's attempt at being some sort of Consultant. A Security Consultant that can only play on the level of a third grader's show and tell in class. The true Consultant knows how to use them and is not merely a parrot. Anyone can open a Shomer-Tec catalog or a briefcase, it's another thing entirely to understand the threat you are trying to illustrate.

Read the website and what is "available." (Insert vomit gif here.)

Another interesting thing is this person's alleged "knowledge." This is what I alluded to in the statement prior to this about not being a parrot and actually knowing what you are talking about.

That point being: how is a Comtech Stinger "defensive" yet a Kubotan is somehow not "defensive?" Does that mean that the Comtech Stinger cannot be "offensive?" Because that's just stupid and has not been addressed by this person either.

The FAA, a long time ago, before anyone every thought of "TSA," banned Kubotans from onboard carry for mere mortals.

This person is confused or dishonest, or both, to say the least.

The book could have been written without the hyperbolic "bad guy" statements and therein lies the feeling of betrayal that many people feel about this person.

The same goal could have been accomplished in a more straightforward and professional manner.

I can only guess that the book is not lurid in the descriptions of violence and mayhem but it would be interesting to see if the book falls under the Canadian Solicitor General's ruling(s) on "Seditious Literature" which was once described as detailing or describing weapons of violence...the reason John Minnery's "How to Kill" Series from Paladin Press was banned years ago in Canada. This would at least limit the book only to law enforcement agencies who already know most of this stuff anyway and would limit the amount of success of the book and hinder the author from delving further into amateurish displays of "Consulting." :rolleyes:

It would also be interesting to know if the person has broken any laws in his native country considering there are many weapons banned in Canada such as the Kiyoga steel whip, by name, etc.

Dr. Sharp aka Barry Bjorkman is a proud member of the Pirates cove Phucktard list since its inception

Ren, there are two Dr. Sharps out there. This one (shameless self-promoter trying to get his hooks on some Homeland Security money), and another Dr. sharp (lower case, and prominent member of the Phucktard Club).

It would seem that great minds think alike in regards to their forum names.

In Rossiters "Online Intel Updates," he says he's going to "... keep you up to date on the latest covert weapons developed or discovered in use. With regular weekly updates, you and your department will always be current with the latest covert weapons intel."

So, any knifemaker (Neil, Barry) who sold him a product will be "Included are the electronic archives detailing all of the covert weapons catalogued to date."
You know who can read that and come knocking on a makers door next...

What an alarmist J.O. making money off of 3000 deaths. :grumpy:

Scott

Geraldo said:
Ren, there are two Dr. Sharps out there. This one (shameless self-promoter trying to get his hooks on some Homeland Security money), and another Dr. sharp (lower case, and prominent member of the Phucktard Club).

It would seem that great minds think alike in regards to their forum names.

ahhh thanks for clearing that up..well for the record they both belong on the P.T. List

Ren the devils trailboss said:
ahhh thanks for clearing that up..well for the record they both belong on the P.T. List
This Dr. Sharps (the "Bart" one) is on MY list, 'cause he won't send a copy of his manual to me as a birthday gift.:eek:.

Bart (AKA: Dr. Sharp),

I was reviewing the thread a few minutes ago and noted that you, Big Mike, and I were listed as users viewing this particular thread. It is very clear that you have taken the opportunity to review this specific thread and it would show good form on your part to respond to the several polite questions posed to you on this thread.

Now, you have used the forum to solicit material for a book, you have at least attempted to use the forum to generate some degree of sales of your book/books, you have advertised for your website in a somewhat passive manner, and so therefore if you are to show responsibility with what you (and you alone) have clearly chosen as a venue for conducting business, please respond to said questions regarding the veracity of your research.

Do not answer with the reflex, "buy my book and find out", because to do so relegates you sir, to the likes of a goncz sales pitch, etc.

Additional questions regard your web site "press release" wherein you refer to "Have you ever wondered about the weapons that are routinely smuggled onto airplanes and into secure areas, such as courthouses? The ones that are never caught!" the operative term here is obviously, "routinely smuggled". In addition, your press release appears to have been written by yourself and with a particular target audience in mind. Please describe your sources for these statistics.

BTW, you appeared to have been on this thread for approximately 10 - 15 minutes and have been off for approximately 10 minutes with no response to the aforementioned questions. In short, you have an opportunity to disprove some of the malevolent or simply simpleton intention allegations that have been made to you in this and other forums. I am sure that you have digested the consequences to sales of your publication and I urge you to stand tall and explain yourself. Failure to do so will be an explanation in and of itself.

All the best regards,

Stuart

Bart,

I see that you have returned to this thread. I believe that I speak for more than myself when I say that I await your response.

Edited to add: Well now after approx. 5-10 minutes you have mysteriously "disappeared".... :confused: This is beginning to be self-fulfilling.

Thank you in advance,

Stuart

Actual evidence is such a pain in the butt, ain't it, Bart?

Okay then, how about some more whimsical flights of terroristic fantasy?

Be entertaining, now! The crickets are winning! They're more criminologically accurate than you are, too!

Chirp chirp chirp chirp...

Karl

Back