• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Knifemakers PLEASE beware!

Not really. It's just a bunch of pics of the tools. The author never does get into recognition of such tools on persons or on other items (in luggage, hidden in things).

The only reason I have a copy of the book is because the author sent me a "courtesy" copy since I have a few items in there.

I don't have a copy but I first became aware of it when I noticed it for sale at Laci Szabo's web site:

http://www.szaboinc.com/newitems.html

...that was before I noticed this thread. Here is the text from Szabo's site:
A must for law enforcement and military, this book will give you a professional and updated look at concealable and makeshift weapons. Can be used as a field manual. Filled with information on every page along with numerous black and white pictures. Features weapons from Fred Perrin and Laci Szabo.

BARRY JONES said:
Not really. It's just a bunch of pics of the tools. The author never does get into recognition of such tools on persons or on other items (in luggage, hidden in things).

The only reason I have a copy of the book is because the author sent me a "courtesy" copy since I have a few items in there.

Well then... A "coffee table" book of knives... Nice idea except the "marketeeeering" references taste quite bad to those of us who are somewhat "sensitive" to tools that we appreciate being labled in such a negative manner.

Like I said before... Gotta give the guy props for legitimizing his personal collection to his wife...;) That and the possibility that possession of some of the tools depicted in his book MAY be illegal in his area and the book may have legitimized his possession of same to the authorities in his jurisdiction.

All the very best,

Stuart

Is He A Brainwashed Illumianti Manchurian Canidate I Hate The Illuminati I Think Everyone Should Own Guns And When They Break Rules They Should Pay Dearly, Like When Theyre Kid Sneaks The Gun Out And Kills Some One The Owner Should Be Beheeaded Just My Opinion But I Hate Anti Knife Anti Gun People We Have The Right To Bear Arms And I Also Think We Should Have The Right To Bear M16s Or Any Automatic Weapons

Peace Out

Gabriel

yea the "bad guy" will go and buy an expensive, signatured custom made or limited edition weapon just to use it on you or your family. this guy clearly chose the wrong way and turned his back on the knife people community.

i am new here, this is one of first posts i read, it's interesting though ;)

First off i will say: I have no idea how i ended up in this thread. What the hell. :confused:

Secondly:
When i look at the site http://www.rossiter2000.com/ i come to one of those weirdass "What you need, when you need it"-sites. Placeholder i guess.
There are a few clickable words there.
» Covert Weapons
» Self Defense Weapon
» Weapons
» Dating
» Weapon
» Swords

Now when i click "Covert Weapons" theres what they call a featured site, saying "Looking For Weapon?".
Looking at the clickable words again, they have changed... one of them is "Airline Tickets". How convient. :rolleyes:

So i guess his book didn't exactly make the expected sales. (well, that or he has switched sides. :D Or wait, actually when i think about it... eh. You know. ;) )

Thirdly:
If someone gives a little slam to Canada because they have went the way of Europe in criminalizing guns and knives and whatever else, I don't think that this backhanded remark is cause for great national offense.
Not all of europe is a police state, mmkay? Our gun laws may be very restrictive, but germany's (and even more so the laws of austria, the swiss, and alot of the east-european states) knife laws are probably WAY more relaxed than those of most American States. f.e. we don't have any size restrictions. I could legally EDC a freakin sword.
In how many US-states can you do the same? Or how about Cana... bwahaha ok i won't even go there. :p :D

So, there. Europe =! UK. :rolleyes:

Dr Sharp, you list a western canada location...i'm curious, you ever worked in Hospital Security Management in the Lower Mainland? Or for Paladin Security? Your writing style reminds me exactly of one of the Hospital Managers i worked with.

It's quite humorous how a training manual for law enforcement and security has become so contentious so early in the game.

Personally, I think that it is important that those sworn to protect us are given the information to do so.

The funny thing is that it isn't really about laws. With rare exception (ie., State Laws), most covert edged weapons are legal to buy, sell, or own - as it should be. It only becomes a problem when people put others at risk.

As an example, when your family flies, it is important that the people manning the airport security are given the tools, training and knowledge to stop others who pose a threat to your family. Personal security often comes down to all or nothing. Either everyone goes armed or nobody does.

I appreciate the negative review from eda-Koppo as it reinforces our right to free speech, (it has also resulted in an increase in book sales). Thankfully, all other reviews to date have taken the opposite stand and have commented on the quality research and content.

Actually sir, "covert edged weapons" are not very much of a problem. The so called "butcher's knife" that is actually a chef's knife design is responsible for many times more murders and assaults than any of the weapons in your book.

Furthermore, there is no security to be derived from a "all or nothing" approach to being armed. If everyone is armed, then that includes both those of bad character and those too incompetent to bear arms. If no one is armed, that includes the good people who would carry arms for legitimate purposes but not those who would do so with ill intent. This is a false dichotomy, in which neither option is secure. The best option for security is liberty, in which the free market shall determine whom is armed and who is not armed.

The best option for security is liberty, in which the free market shall determine whom is armed and who is not armed.

Huh? What does a free market have to do with it? Only people who can afford guns are allowed to defend themselves? I don't understand your point at all.

The best option for security is liberty, in which the free market shall determine whom is armed and who is not armed.

I'm trying to wrap my head around that but I'm just not getting it. What the heck does a free market have to do with the right to defend yourself?

Back