Knifemakers we work for

I've been asked by a few members if I would let them know which knife companies that we make parts for. Some of our customers are very well known and make some of the most sought after knives. It's always been my policy though to respect another persons privacy especially when business is concerned so I will keep from revealing a customer list. I will however promise to give the same attention to detail to every customer no matter how big or small. Hope every one understands.

Perfectly understood............. :thumbup:
Thank's also............ :thumbup: ;)

I'm confused. Who is your customer base? I'm not one of the few that asked the question but I don't get it. You need marketing. Every company does. Even your customers. Knives manufactured with parts from your company is a plus for you and your customer. It helps to know. It could mean the difference between someone buying a knife made overseas or right here in the USA. If I ever need header coating I'm going to use "Jet-Hot" because John Force is one of their customers. I don't understand the veil of secrecy logic. I guess its just part of the industry you work for. I respect your answer. That is good enough for me.

[youtube]yHaZqTapqmo[/youtube]

Culpeper,
I can't speak for Reid Man., but this is how I read it.

Reid is an OEM, and some of their customers might not be happy... should they be "listed" as a Reid customer.

Take OKUMA for example, for years they were an OEM for some of the biggest companies in the fishing reel industry.......... they may still be .... BUT, they now have their own line of fine reels also.

Basically, this is just how it has to be......... "don't kiss and tell." ;)
-----------------------

The Tackle Company of the New Millennium
[From OKUMA fishing web site]
Starting as so many companies do as a spin off, in 1987 Okuma had humble beginnings as an OEM manufacturer. The founders came with decades of fishing tackle manufacturing experience, and although small, Okuma has always been a different kind of company.

Original equipment manufacturer
[From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia]
An original equipment manufacturer, or OEM is typically a company that uses a component made by a second company in its own product, or sells the product of the second company under its own brand. The specific meaning of the term varies in different contexts.

There is a company here in Michigan that we made a complete knife for. They are called Orion Knives and there website is at www.orionknives.com They had the knife we made written up in Tactical Knives last fall, it's called the K2.

Back