Knifemakers whats your edc

When I saw Tony Bose, besides his upcoming Case collaboration, he had a Remington rebladed by him with I believe 440V and the same pattern as the original.

This one. 5 3/8" oal with a 2" blade. This was a prototype of one of my standard patterns what I call a Stainless Gordo. Difference being A2 @62 RC and hollow ground instead of flat ground and the normal AEB-L @62RC. I'm gonna retire it soon, this little knife design wants to be flat ground and the A2 in this size of knife didn't bring anything to the table. Here its playing prop for this holster pic:

q2wLiwb.jpg

I carry it horizontal crossdraw over my left front pocket:

6u3omMy.jpg

Always close to hand:

B65SysD.jpg

Gonna build me something else soon. Probably go with just a regular Stainless Gordo in the AEB-L, with elk. I've always liked elk as a handle material. Sell a bunch of em. Just finished the sheaths on these two yesterday. The rams horn one lasted about 6 hours on the website:

je5eHYR.jpg

gcjV424.jpg

The wife carries the same. Hers is a standard one, handled in turquoise jigged bone:

KqIWf4K.jpg

Feeding this orphaned calf:

mOmZe2y.jpg

D6daQXe.jpg

Handy little package.

Last edited:
The best answer to : "you make knives?" is to show a well made sheeple friendly, little knife.
And it just feels good to EDC a knife that you made yourself :D

So I made the knife I have in my avatar <--, then I was asked if I wanted to sell it and made two improved versions.

The light one is an order, the checkered one is my EDC
And along the way I found out that working on smaller knives like these is what I enjoy most. I have a few more in the making.

IMG-20181117-180604.jpg

IMG-20181003-111613.jpg

Hengelo, those little EDCs are gorgeous.

I carry folders for discretion (IWB) and fixies when I can. Sometimes both. :)
Of the folders, the Spyderco's get the most use, with the Para-3 topping the list, followed by that mini-Grip with Allen Putnam scales. I also have a Native-5 that I love, not pictured here.

Then there's my suite of fixed-blade EDC options, all my own, evolved over the years. All are 3" or shorter blades. The last few weeks I've been carrying my shipboard knife (in appropriate livery colors). That one is 710 mycarta, G10, and 154CM:

IMG_20190127_162233-small.jpg

IMG_20190127_162413-small.jpg

IMG_20140106_235114-small.jpg

Last edited:
Nothing all that interesting for a knife maker, just a Paramilitary 2.

Although my next will probably be a Sage 5 (compression lock) just to have something a bit friendlier looking to the non-knife people and also well within the 3.5" blade limit here in the Seattle/Tacoma area, since the para 2 is less than 1/16" under 3.5" However, it would be nice to get something that's not S30v as I'm so bored of it, maybe I'll spring for a Para 3 in 52100...

~Paul
My Youtube Channel
... (Some older videos of some older knives I've made in the past)

My late father in law, Joe Kious, carried those $11 3" mini Buck lockbacks from Wal Mart. I don't have any idea how long one lasted him, but I'd think that he went through them. They were always sharp and he used them like you'd use an $11 knife.

Back