kniferesearch??

Hi,

what happened to kniferesearch (Enki, Legion, Rasul)?

I think Lionsteel used to produce knives for them?

The homepage is down, are they gone?

Best,

Martin

I designed all the mentioned knives, I chose the materials and heat treatments. The collaboration ended with Enki model. After that, I personally did not have more information.

You can still find the Knife Research Enki (5.50" Vanadis 4 Extra at 60 HRC) and Legion (6.69" Sleipner at 56-60 HRC) in stock at BladeHQ. There was also Rasul (4.14" Vanadis 23 at 63 HRC) and I wish I had that one. I've seen some incredible videos of it in action. I have the Legion and it's a great knife.

Legion is very comparable to the LionSteel M7 in size and steel.

KR Enki is one of only two production fixed blades I know of with Vanadis 4 Extra with the other being Zero Tolerance 0180.

Hello here,
I'm looking for a KR Enki for a month now.
Do you have any information how to get one ?
Thanks

...maybe the upcoming T6 is the Enki's heir......we will see
........................................(if Lionsteel makes us happy releasing it soon.....and finally! :rolleyes:)

I miss those days of the nexus knives, the MCKF knives and Knife Research.
Since the Rasul (vanadis 23) I was waiting for a Lionsteel knife in vanadis 4E for years.
Meanwhile I had several custom knives made in V4e and cpm 4V.
For the more exotic steels and not widely know steels (Rex 121, vanadis 8, K390, Nitrobe 77, PGK, Becut...) it's easier to find some makers than waiting for production knives.
And with many talented in eastern Europe the prices are not that high.
I'm looking for a knife in K490 but I'm not holding my breath that Lionsteel will make one next year.
If they make one I hope the hardness is at the optimum level for the steel and not softer like mostly the case with production knives.
If you have a special steel you have to take the best out of it.
The steel I hope to be produced in one form or another is the 3V modified Larrin spoke about.

I know what you mean....i have been on and off with lionsteel for a few years now, started with the M2, and by chance have just last week bought an original KR Rasul, in used but great condition

Back