• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Knifesmith or woodworker in or near San Diego

Mods please move to appropriate if this is the wrong area I apologize.

I have a Dah that got damage to the hilt while traveling. It had some kind of a tooth or piece of plastic embedded in the hilt. when it got damaged the piece came off and damaged some of the wood on the end. I need someone who is willing to either build up the damaged wood and reinstall the tooth or sand it down and restain it to match the Mahogany stain. Anyone got a recommendation or referral please?

I can do the wood work myself but my current situation is not conducive to my own workshop so I'd rather not damage it if possible. I could just hit it with some different levels of sand paper and take a stab at stains but I'm worried I'll do more damage without access to a full workshop like I'm used to since I sold my house.

2kYiShOl.jpg

I wouldn't mind a sharpening wheel to put a nice edge and bevel on it if possible as well

I lived in the San Diego area for many years and never heard of anyone doing this craft. You'll probably have better luck in Los Angeles or sending it off to be fixed some place else where somebody might have the actual expertise you need.

Back