Knifetalk! Let's Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Danial, put me down for one of the ones with the button that opens the button ! You know how I love buttons!:D
Have a killer day y'all!

Xander have you worked on the tube amp?

I'm considering building a t-amp powered speaker set/boombox just for kicks... the amps are only $19 and sound killer.

If you don't mind my jumping in... T-amps (and D-class amps) are pretty fun, as long as you don't expect miracles. Tube amps are lots of fun, but lots of money per watt, even when you build yourself. Transformers big enough for speakers get spendy unless you can salvage them, and the tubes required are in higher demand than low power ones... expect to spend about $300 to build a 10w(ish) stereo speaker amp from scratch.

Evening gents! I'm on a contract with an ad agency this week, so my time has been a bit more dear than usual. Hope you all are doing well.

Thought you guys might find this funny.
[video=youtube_share;03uKIfy8LWM]http://youtu.be/03uKIfy8LWM[/video]

That was, I think funny. :)

Carter lives not to far away from where I used to work. I'll see him in Eugene next weekend at the OKCA show.. I have a Carter kitchen knife and necker, both sweet...

Dang.. I need to gather my pennies... the temptation is too great to avoid buying another knife at the show...

welp, been up since 4:15am with crying 1.5yr old... On my way to the ENT to get my CAT scan results..

One good thing, it's supposed to be 60F and sunny. It's like SUMMER IN APRIL.. meh.

GET UP YOU LAZY BVASTARDS!

If you don't mind my jumping in... T-amps (and D-class amps) are pretty fun, as long as you don't expect miracles. Tube amps are lots of fun, but lots of money per watt, even when you build yourself. Transformers big enough for speakers get spendy unless you can salvage them, and the tubes required are in higher demand than low power ones... expect to spend about $300 to build a 10w(ish) stereo speaker amp from scratch.

Evening gents! I'm on a contract with an ad agency this week, so my time has been a bit more dear than usual. Hope you all are doing well.

I hear you on the T-amps... they don't push a lot of watts but can be pretty cool. I have a Topping T series pushing a couple of tiny Dayton B-652's... for an inexpensive system it sounds killer.

I used to have a ton of tube amps... one of my coolest being a 200 watt PA amp that is just nuts...

Danial, put me down for one of the ones with the button that opens the button ! You know how I love buttons!:D
Have a killer day y'all!

Will do! :D

Thought you guys might find this funny.

That was awesome! Murray rocks...

I'm sold!
Make it a good day, bit-chez... :D

lmao hey Rolf!

Morning Rolf! Good day to everyone!!!

Have a good one BLK! :D

Howdy guys. Good morning.

Good morning Rev Otto!

That was, I think funny. :)

Carter lives not to far away from where I used to work. I'll see him in Eugene next weekend at the OKCA show.. I have a Carter kitchen knife and necker, both sweet...

Dang.. I need to gather my pennies... the temptation is too great to avoid buying another knife at the show...

welp, been up since 4:15am with crying 1.5yr old... On my way to the ENT to get my CAT scan results..

One good thing, it's supposed to be 60F and sunny. It's like SUMMER IN APRIL.. meh.

GET UP YOU LAZY BVASTARDS!

I hope everything turns out well with the CAT scan. We're thinking of you!

I'm a huge Carter Cutlery fan, I have all of Murray's books and subscribe to his videos. Enjoy the show!

sunny? wha! loll it is actually snowing here right now! I was surprised to see the snow, it is supposed to be nearly 50 today.

I was in the shop until 8:15 last night... will have a bunch of knives ready soon!

Morning guys!

Daniel, in a word, no. I haven't gotten around to ordering my parts for the head-amp yet. I do have all the parts numbers and schematics all lined up though. I was just thinking about it the other day too. I do want to add a couple LEDs to illuminate the tube as well, it's not in the circuit shown on the board though. Also, Liam knows his stuff with audio...

Just got back from the pharmacy for my med from the dentist. I tell you, it's like Monty Python ministry of funny walks over there, lol! Also surprising how many people do not understand the concept of standing in line, seems every other person was so important and in such a hurry that they thought they could just walk right up to the window, right past all 7 people in line. Only to be told to get in line, so now they're all pissy and letting everyone else know about it :rolleyes:

Not fun waking up in a pool of blood, I guess I was bleeding all night and drooling all over my pillow. Brandi isn't going to be too happy about the new pillow cases... but, I don't hurt anymore!

Don't know what to do today, Kevin, hit me up if you're done huffing paint fumes for the day.

I think music is in order. The Black Keys, Rubber Factory.

-X

Xander , WTF happened to you?! Did your lady sock ya? :D
Good morning sucka's!

Naw, just a semi-emergency trip to the tooth doctor yesterday. Big gaping hole in my head, blood and I assume brain matter ran out over night. Little lady might Punch me for the mess I made though... :D

You got a phone yet dude? I know this whole modern thing of just talking to people far away without using smoke signals is just blowing your mind, but it really is a necessity these days...

-X

Just thought I'd plant a seed...

A beautiful W2 hamon can be one of the most exquisite things a knife can have.

Afternoon fellas.

Got the sheath for The Stinger done today with some of Kevin help. I didn't have any rivets or the tool for setting them, so I figured I would just use some of his. Got it set up for a small tec-loc.

20140402_170007_zpsfip3wnk1.jpg

Tried to keep it slim and low profile, all rivets are spaced for the small tec-loc too, doubt I will ever mount one on the other spots, but just in case.

Off to have sushi for dinner now!

-Xander

That looks spectacular. Good job on the collab sheath!

enjoy the sushi! We have a good place here that has some reasonable lunch specials. $7 for 2 rolls, soup and salad, or $10 for 3 rolls, soup and salad. Best deal in town, not sure how it compares though!

The sheath was just molded but rough cut when he sent it to me, all that was done on this end was drill, rivet and shape.

Sounds like a cheap deal, it was $50 for 2 rolls, one kids teriyaki bowl, a sakitini, a beer and two mochi. But, I had soft shell crab and eel roll, the wife had spicy, crunchy scallop roll.

I'm stuffed! Think I'm gonna do some knot work tonight. Any ideas on what knots to try?

-Xander

Last edited:
Hi Benjamin. :)
Hi DF dudz. :D
The Kid has tomorrow off from school. Buying beer now.

Morning guys.

Back to work today, at least it's a normal schedule day, no split shift or anything.

-X

Xander that is awesome! Nice sheath work!

I was awaiting this... wanted to see what you would do and it came out incredible! I should have sent you some hardware...

Gooeytek that sure sounds cool! I have a bit of the good old W2 left... I am always tempted to use some. I'm doing a brine quench and it is always exciting!

Good morning Xander... hope that tooth is OK!

Hey Ben! Spring Break... nice! Party!

lol you getting beer Rolf? :D Enjoy the day!

Farchyld that sounds good!

Evan I'm still going back and looking at the armor and swords! Nice pics, thanks for sharing them. The Edo period may be my favorite as far as the swords and especially mountings go. I have looked into making a saya with reeds for that cool look... also the lacquered and layered finishes are the coolest.

Lets send some smoke for my air compressor, lol! it needs to get better soon

I worked until 8 again last night... am getting close on a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back