KnifeWorks Exclusive Military - CTS-204P and dark green G10

KnifeWorks started shipping these in May 2016 and they're still in stock. They could've sold them out much faster if they had charged $169.95 from day one instead of $199.95! KnifeWorks is a big dealer so perhaps it doesn't need to turnover the inventory that fast.

The kw s90v ti/cf military is also on sale at $230.I am pulling the trigger. Who else?

Reactions: Mo2
Damn it. Picking up a CT’s-204p military tonight. Probably gonna do a blade swap with my kw S90v military.

Thw kw cts 204p green g10 military is a great knife. I picke it up last time when it was on sale.

Thw kw cts 204p green g10 military is a great knife. I picke it up last time when it was on sale.

Fantastic knife. I have the Ti/Cf/S90V , Fluted Ti and plain Ti Militaries. And I prefer the 204P/Green G10 to them all. It's my favorite Military thus far.

Just ordered 2of each! I can’t believe the red pm2’s (same steels with different namrs) sold out at 140-150 then showed up on the exchange the day after delivery for $ 200+? Is red that much better than dark green? And $229 for titanium,cf, and s90v for $10 more than the fluted titanium with s30v?this deal is too good to be true, in that my budget for other deals has taken a serious hit

There's a few reports around, but I thought I'd share mine here to avoid having to scroll through a thread for pics.

This is the nicest, most well built Military I've yet encountered. The blade is ground nice and thin, feels a little thinner than my previous Millies. Haven't mic'd it, but someone else said it was .020", which I consider to be about perfect for a knife like this.

Lock up is perfect. Full engagement of the liner, while still engaging early on the tang.

The new stepped stop pin. I think this is an excellent change. Anyone who's assembled many knives knows just how particular that stop pin screw can be in determining the blade's action. This removes that from the equation.

I was very surprised when I realized that the lanyard tube, while it has been enlarged, is also now stepped. I view this a big improvement, as the flared tube was always an issue during disassembly/reassembly previously.

The pocket clip has been updated to the 'spoon' profile, and this makes a huge difference for me in hand. The Military handle is great, but that clip always was a hot spot for me. No longer, as I can pretty much ignore the clip now. Huge, huge difference in comfort for me!

The stepped pivot, as first seen on the BBS CPM-S90V smurf blue Military is also seen here. Again, a welcome change. This pivot acts like the pivot bushing on Sebenzas and should ease reassembly dramatically, due to not having to tweak the action to get it just right. As a side note, the action on this Military is absolutely spot-on perfect. The blade is ever so slightly off center (doesn't matter to me) and the action is excellent. Very, very smooth, while having ZERO blade play. The action is very smooth without being 'floppy.' The blade is juuuust shy of falling shut when I release the lockbar, but I'm sure with a good relube and a little bit of carry and use it'll be there. I'm extremely impressed with how tight the lock up is in relation to the smoothness of action, far better than any other Military I've handled.

And the backspacers. Not a huge issue to me, but the upgraded larger hardware is a welcome change, and I always enjoy being able to rinse the knife out easily. Also, when reassembling, the knife should stay true easily, as 3 of the 5 connection points between the handles are stepped and therefore machined to a specific width. The knife should have an even stronger build than previous incarnations of this model, as the handles are compressing against those stepped areas, as opposed to relying on just the screws.

All in all, I agree with everyone who's said that this is the best iteration of the Spyderco Military yet!

I can’t wait! Specs list thicknes at .146 which is .014 thinner than some models. Since I also ordered the limited s90v with cf and titanium handles I wonder if the s90v is close enough in performance to the s110v that I can pretend I’m using that highest of vanadium carbide knives with a suitably elegant outfit.

I had the s90v in my Black Friday List great price but the Spyderco Slysz is getting hard to find so bought that in stead .

I purchased a second Military CTS-204P in Dark Green.
Excellent pricing and they should sell out soon.

Regards,
FK

We ordered one as my Christmas present from my wife (She is awesome).

It will give my 3 year old black/satin s30v a break from daily carry. After work on weekdays and on weekends :)

At $170 for the weekend. Might be the last sale on these.

Back