KnifeWorks Exclusive Military - CTS-204P and dark green G10

KnifeWorks should've priced it at $169.95 from day one (May 2016) instead of $199.95.

True, except that it would be the same price as the production millies, and they could now only be found at outrageous prices on aftermarket. Plus, I wouldn’t own 3 now!

True, except that it would be the same price as the production millies, and they could now only be found at outrageous prices on aftermarket. Plus, I wouldn’t own 3 now!

However, KW has had these for 19 months now! Military production is currently $160.77 and soon to be $174.18 come January 1, 2018.

However, KW has had these for 19 months now! Military production is currently $160.77 and soon to be $174.18 come January 1, 2018.

That poses an interesting predicament. If I buy remaining stock, by maxing out credit cards, will I be able to corner the market on this one and charge, what is the maximum, (wondering aloud?) I gotta check. No, I hate gouging, I’ll probably give all of mine away except 1 of each.

RamZar - why do you think this kw cts-204p should be priced at $170, given the production millie of s30v is around $160?

The knife is not selling out,, IMO, does not indicate it is overpriced, but more likely the fact that Military model has a smaller fan base than other Spyderco models like pm2, manix 2, and delica 4.

I wonder how many sprints / exclusives of Military got sold out quickly, say, in a few weeks?

What site was it sold the red pm2’s for $140(when you bought 2) and sold out on preorders?

DLT Trading, but that is a PM2 model. PM2 sprints/exclusives are a very different story when compared to Military.

Yeah, it’s pretty hard to be an unbiased Millie fan. To me the pm2 is ugly, while the Millie is all Time most favorite folder I’ve ever handled.

RamZar - why do you think this kw cts-204p should be priced at $170, given the production millie of s30v is around $160?

The knife is not selling out,, IMO, does not indicate it is overpriced, but more likely the fact that Military model has a smaller fan base than other Spyderco models like pm2, manix 2, and delica 4.

I wonder how many sprints / exclusives of Military got sold out quickly, say, in a few weeks?

Dealers with Exclusives have a lot of control over pricing. An example is the recent DLT ParaMilitary2 M390 with Red G-10 where it was sold for $140 shipped in quantities of 2+.

Of course, ParaMilitary2 is a lot more popular than Military and there have been quite a few Military with CQI since May 2016 to the point of saturation.

KW should’ve priced their 204P/Green G-10 less than the Production Military S110V/Blue G-10 which is $177. If KW had priced it $170-$175 from day one they would’ve sold faster. At $200 it was overpriced.

I like the pressure DLT’s pricing will put on other dealers. Before long, if not already, other dealers may complain to Spyderco about DLT’s pricing just like they did about MAP pricing.

Yeah, underpriced, since m390 seems to have more fans than the same steel made by carpenter!

Dealers with Exclusives have a lot of control over pricing. An example is the recent DLT ParaMilitary2 M390 with Red G-10 where it was sold for $140 shipped in quantities of 2+.

Of course, ParaMilitary2 is a lot more popular than Military and there have been quite a few Military with CQI since May 2016 to the point of saturation.

KW should’ve priced their 204P/Green G-10 less than the Production Military S110V/Blue G-10 which is $177. If KW had priced it $170-$175 from day one they would’ve sold faster. At $200 it was overpriced.

I like the pressure DLT’s pricing will put on other dealers. Before long, if not already, other dealers may complain to Spyderco about DLT’s pricing just like they did about MAP pricing.

I agree. Dealers have to decide if they want to make an extra20 dollars per knife or move merchandise and make more sales.

Yeah, underpriced, since m390 seems to have more fans than the same steel made by carpenter!
M390, 20cv and 204p are essentially the same composition. They differ depending on the heat treatment.

But with that said. More people know m390 than they do 204p. So m390 is what will sell more. Customers lack of knowledge possibly? Market trends? I dunno. It's funny tho. What could help make lesser known steel brands/types more popular? I mean it could just be that the military is too large a knife for most, or the pocket clip orientation, or whatever. I mean market trends favor frame locks and not liner locks, so that's another possibility.

M390, 20cv and 204p are essentially the same composition. They differ depending on the heat treatment.

But with that said. More people know m390 than they do 204p. So m390 is what will sell more. Customers lack of knowledge possibly? Market trends? I dunno. It's funny tho. What could help make lesser known steel brands/types more popular? I mean it could just be that the military is too large a knife for most, or the pocket clip orientation, or whatever. I mean market trends favor frame locks and not liner locks, so that's another possibility.

I know the Millie is not the most popular Spyderco out there, due to reasons you stated above, but it's my favorite Spyderco to date. With other models being more popular than the Millie, this means that there are more available for us that actually love that knife!

Mine too Bravo. If I was forced to scale down to one and only one Spyderco folder out of the meager 5 Spydie patterns which I own: (CF/Ti Millie, Slysz Bowie, Spydiechef, Delica & old school Delica SE, I'd pick my CF/Ti Millie without any hesitation even tough it is not as practical as the others which I own in any urban or domestic situation. As someone had already said in our previous pop culture, "Now this is a knoife" ;)

KnifeWorks should've priced it at $169.95 from day one (May 2016) instead of $199.95.

Would've been nice, and was all set on buying one until I heard the price. As someone who really only cares to have one of a particular model, I'd been hoping for a dark green Military sprint that was reasonably priced like the Cruwear sprint was because I like the color and wouldn't mind having a steel other than S30V. If the price was right, I would've bought it and sold my camo/DLC I bought new for about $150 which is sort of my price limit for Spyderco. I would've spent 10 or 15 more dollars to have the sprint run, but at $200 it completely killed it for me. Completely not worth it to me at that price.

Last edited:
After getting the s90v military from knifeworks.com, I am so impressed, I think I would like to get this one too.

How often do they go on sale for 170

I know it was for sale at 175 on labor day and 170 thanksgiving maybe until last week. Not sure about the rest of year. Why dont you give them a call? They might be willing to sell one to you at 170.

I was debating between this one and the s90v one. They were both on sale.

I picked the s90v, but then they went back to regular price. A couple weeks later they were on sale again, so I didnt know if it was a frequest thing.

Back