KNIPEX - Cobra XS Water Pump Pliers

This little guys perform way above their size. I was able to change the bolts on my Tactile Turn bolt action pens in seconds with the cobra xs. I tried my Leatherman and various other pliers but couldn’t get it done without doing some damage.

Also got one of Gary’s sheaths for them. Great craftsmanship. Actually, it is the pretty tree embossed one a few posts up.

Thanks Jcsixx01 Jcsixx01 that one turned out pretty nice

Just working on this one for a fellow, he requested it to be black with red thread and an ornate letter D
I took the liberty of dyeing the D red, careful touch to do so, but thought it worth the effort to try and he was pleased with its looks
I still have to finish the edges and apply a coat of leather protection

Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

G2

Last edited:
I finally made a slip for my baby knipexes
WkIF7Vu.jpg

ZIf7vo1.jpg

It’s a folded design but I made cutout that you can reach the tool as if it was flat.

Why must you all be spending my money?! I just ordered the xs pliers and was wondering if anyone has opinions on if wrapping the handles is necessary? I imagine that the dipped handles of the larger versions are more comfortable.

With pliers so small, you're not going to be putting a lot of leverage behind them. I don't think wrapping is at all necessary in my opinion. I leave the rubberized grips for my larger sets of pliers.

Yeah, I figured the handles were a bit short to be putting a lot of stress on them. The checkering on the xs looks good for traction; I just don't know how sharp they will be. I suppose that's a wait and see issue

Yeah, I figured the handles were a bit short to be putting a lot of stress on them. The checkering on the xs looks good for traction; I just don't know how sharp they will be. I suppose that's a wait and see issue
Very sharp business end.

My Dad's gutters were overflowing the other day. Went out a 2nd story bedroom window to get to the upper roof downspouts. Sheet metal screws hold the elbow attached to the gutter spouts. The nut driver I brought was the correct one but the heads on the screws were rusted bad and the nut driver just spun on the heads. I'm like "damn, i gotta get my 55 year old train wreck of a body back in that window and to the basement for pliers". Then it hit me, Knipex mini's in a pouch Gary made were in my coat pocket! Done and done!

I have a pair of the parallel jaw pliers wrench xs, which I bought mostly because I appreciate their engineering and I enjoy the novelty of them. I look at them more as an extremely well built toy which happens to also have some practical functionality.

I have multiple pairs of the cobra xs because they're a good general purpose edc tool. They're cheaper and they're more useful.

The bare textured handles work well and they feel good, but they do also like to collect debris. Iit can sometimes be annoying to clean them when there's bits of gunk that's been tightly squished into the spaces between the grip texture.

I have a pair of the parallel jaw pliers wrench xs, which I bought mostly because I appreciate their engineering and I enjoy the novelty of them. I look at them more as an extremely well built toy which happens to also have some practical functionality.

I have multiple pairs of the cobra xs because they're a good general purpose edc tool. They're cheaper and they're more useful.

The bare textured handles work well and they feel good, but they do also like to collect debris. Iit can sometimes be annoying to clean them when there's bits of gunk that's been tightly squished into the spaces between the grip texture.
GI toothbrushes to the rescue.3374D253-340C-49E9-BD12-8E63629CD57A.jpeg

One of these little wonders along with a sak has replaced all my multi tools. You can remove a stuck end cap from a D cell maglite or use them as tweezers. I also carry mine in a custom sheath that also holds a sharpening stone. And when I say custom I mean custom, I made in with duct tape😄 Hey,it's light cheap and thin. Sort of like a girl I once knew.

Back