KNIPEX - Cobra XS Water Pump Pliers

These KNIPEX COBRA XS are EDC now. I find something to grab or hold or turn every day with these on my belt. I've never been a fan of multi tools. Always carry a knife or 2 and usually there is a tool box near by but these little XS pliers are proving themselves worthy of every outing. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Yah I find things all the time that I need to turn and smile and remember that they are just a pocket away
G2

Yeah Chip, I'm pretty certain I'll get a few like the ones you show. These are really well made tools that do the job(s) better than most - if the XS is a good example.

Several times I have found myself in need of something to grip and the dim light in my head flickers a little bit and it dawns on me that it is in my pocket! I haven’t had to get anything larger to do the job, they work great
G2

Last edited:
These little pliers came in very handy for me last weekend. I was replacing some lights, and the ground screw was a standard, but it was so high up in the can (recessed ceiling light) I had to use the pliers to tighten it. I don't have an SAE 1/4 inch drive socket, but the pliers did the trick!

Thanks Paul, made this one and used my Celtic endless knot embossing.

Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

The slip sheath is a great way to carry one of these, but then I am probably slightly biased :)
G2

Last edited:
Thanks Paul, made this one but had the embossing closer to the side than I like, but still a solid sheath and the pliers snap into it with a hard thumb ;)

The slip sheath is a great way to carry one of these, but then I am probably slightly biased :)
G2
That's a beauty and definitely my style but you've already got enough real estate on my belt, Gary:p

Haha indeed but this is one you slip into the pocket to carry or your tool kit
G2

Edited to add I removed the one image that showed the embossing off to the side and replaced it with a new sheath made today...;)

Last edited:
When I bought my Cobra XS, I paid $25. Now, the least expensive one that I have found is $34!

It is a very handy little tool, but at $34, I would buy the 5" or 6" Knipex Cobra before getting an XS!

Back