Knives and Drinks!

Joseph Rodgers of England...

2qx9t1d.jpg

VpgczgU.jpg

There is nothing quite as smooth as 23 years old rum!
Nice!

I despise regular rum such as Bacardi white but a premium aged rum drank straight is a completely different experience IMO. Almost like a liqueur due to the sweetness.

I have bottles from Cuba, Dominican and Jamaica that are killer. Priced well as well. My Appleton 21 y.o. was well under $100 and is amazing! Can’t touch a 20 year old scotch or bourbon for anywhere near that. ;)

Nice!

I despise regular rum such as Bacardi white but a premium aged rum drank straight is a completely different experience IMO. Almost like a liqueur due to the sweetness.

I have bottles from Cuba, Dominican and Jamaica that are killer. Priced well as well. My Appleton 21 y.o. was well under $100 and is amazing! Can’t touch a 20 year old scotch or bourbon for anywhere near that. ;)

Exactly! Cheap rum (caramellized booze) has nothing to do with aged rum. Kind of like one year old whiskey vs 18yo. Nothing wrong with either I suppose, but when people gringe when they hear I’m having rum, it is just pure ignorance. :)

Looks interesting. What notes are you getting on that?
Now I am by no means a professional taster, but it is really smooth. Smokey oak with vanilla, honey, a little bit of cinnamon and almost like an apricot fruity flavor. It's really easy going down. But I guess each batch is going to come out with slightly different flavors because of the way they finish it.

Back