Knives and Drinks!

I wasn't even sure where to start. Is silver generally better for straight sipping than darker varieties?

I'm no expert either but when I bartended in a Mexican restaurant many years ago the reposado was "rested" in cognac or whiskey barrels and the Anejo was aged in barrels. So in theory they should be smoother but they will take on that flavor.

Cigarettes would actually sound more like scotch, I love my islay scotches with tobacco flavor and leather.

Silver,white or clear tequilas will be the straight tequila and have no aging so it will be the harshest but mix better for margaritas. Hope that helps.

Last edited:
I'm no expert either but when I bartended in a Mexican restaurant many years ago the reposado was "rested" in cognac or whiskey barrels. So in theory they should be smoother but they will take on that flavor.

Cigarettes would actually sound more like scotch, I love my islay scotches with tobacco flavor and leather.

Silver,white or clear tequilas will be the straight tequila have no aging so it will be the harshest but mix better for margaritas. Hope that helps.
I was actually surprised by how not harsh the 100% agave straight silver was. Nice clean aftertaste. I'd compare it to the green and white of a watermelon.

I also didn't realize how much Cuervo was just a swill mixture. I didn't buy that one at least.

I was actually surprised by how not harsh the 100% agave straight silver was. Nice clean aftertaste. I'd compare it to the green and white of a watermelon.

I also didn't realize how much Cuervo was just a swill mixture. I didn't buy that one at least.

Ya the better tequilas have a smooth finish and flavor in my book.

My current favorite is the casa Azul, it is smooth and has a vanilla finish. Not sure what casa Azul is considered, silver or what not but its really good. Its also really expensive so only drink it at party's.

Tres generationes is my favorite silver tequila though.

Last edited:
Your tequila talk is way over my head. I drink patron silver in margaritas and that's about it. Force of habit. :)

Your tequila talk is way over my head. I drink patron silver in margaritas and that's about it. Force of habit. :)

What ever works for ya, I rarely drink tequlia... I'm a bourbon and scotch guy. I tend to drink Vidka for bloody marys sometimes but nothing beats a good margarita or Casa Azul shot! Cheers buddy

Last edited:
qNrwMp3h.jpg

Back