He is my dear departed dog jack whom I could write a book on

He could do anything

He was a Dogo Argentino

Track deer

Birds

Crush hogs

General vermin and small game

He was also terrifying to kids

He was the most noble creatures that I have fever known and will forever be missed

Here is the Turnbull restored Fox

My last dbl barrel was in 1985.
A Universal Balaki TOZ 66 hammer gun in 12 guage.
Nothin' fancy but for the external hammers and real Sidelocks. If memory serves, no engraving.
Just an inexpensive Russian SxS allegedly used by their market hunters.
Gun is long gone :( No pictures. :(

Those old foxes are the best very light weight and simple and built like a tank. I've had a few as well as a nice old Parker Pe grade with an English stock. I still liked my old sterlingworth 20 with the 28" barrels and double triggers the best though.

He could do anything

He was a Dogo Argentino

Track deer

Birds

Crush hogs

He was the most noble creatures that I have fever known and will forever be missed

Fantastic. I learned something new. Never knew about that breed.

A little big for birds but a fine double nonetheless:

8g26KaQ.jpg

.700 H&H built by Butch Searcy of All American Double Rifles.

He could do anything

He was a Dogo Argentino

Track deer

Birds

Crush hogs

I remember when you lost him Joe. So sorry. We put a good one under this tree, where she can look out across the flats, something she loved to do. We stop by and say Hi now and then.

6iYy792.jpg

Turnbull does some fantastic work!

Here's Sandy with his first pheasant retrieve. I forget which O/U that is, but it was traded for a nice 16 Ga. SxS
Pictures%202004%20008-X2.jpg

And here's Daisy, (That's that chocolate blur you see in the foreground), running circles around Sandy.
100_0427-X2.jpg

Edit: Sorry, I got carried away with some of my old dog pics & forgot the thread is about finely embellished guns. After hunting for well over 60 years, hunting for me is more about quality time in the woods, with my dogs, than a few grouse or pheasants. So since I already derailed the thread, here's the current pair of labs....Gunny & Rebel:
IMG_0552-X3.jpg

IMG_0221-X3.jpg

Last edited:
I remember when you lost him Joe. So sorry. We put a good one under this tree, where she can look out across the flats, something she loved to do. We stop by and say Hi now and then.

6iYy792.jpg

Turnbull does some fantastic work!

Thank you

And I’m so sorry for your loss as well

Beautiful place to put him to rest

Happy thanksgiving buddy

Here's Sandy with his first pheasant retrieve. I forget which O/U that is, but it was traded for a nice 16 Ga. SxS
Pictures%202004%20008-X2.jpg

And here's Daisy, (That's that chocolate blur you see in the foreground), running circles around Sandy.
100_0427-X2.jpg

Edit: Sorry, I got carried away with some of my old dog pics & forgot the thread is about finely embellished guns. After hunting for well over 60 years, hunting for me is more about quality time in the woods, with my dogs, than a few grouse or pheasants. So since I already derailed the thread, here's the current pair of labs....Gunny & Rebel:
IMG_0552-X3.jpg

IMG_0221-X3.jpg

Wonderful dogs and pics

Thank you

And I’m so sorry for your loss as well

Beautiful place to put him to rest

Happy thanksgiving buddy

Same to you sir! Did ya see the article in Sporting Classics on Butch Searcy? That pic above was for that article. I traded him one of my Sonoran Skinners for three huge boxes of his stock cut offs, all presentation or exhibition grade Turkish walnut. So while these knife pics don't show a finely embellish double, they are literally handled from cutoffs from a very fine, completely handmade, double:

wYk3dEn.jpg

LKGHxOl.jpg

GIj651T.jpg

aGEBWtS.jpg

jF2FmEE.jpg

With all these fancy knives floating around here...Im surprised just a couple of us have finely embellished shotguns. :/
Oh well...lol...waterfowl hunting for me this weekend!!

Good luck my friend and Happy Thanksgiving!

The best to you and yours sir

This is this year

We are missing my dear friend Bob who passed with cancer 6 months ago to the day

He will forever be missed and it was good to see the dogs work and his son was with me

Not an embellished gun but a favorite these days a Ruger round body side by side 12 gage that carries like a 20

The best to you and yours sir

This is this year

We are missing my dear friend Bob who passed with cancer 6 months ago to the day

He will forever be missed and it was good to see the dogs work and his son was with me

Wow sorry to hear that. Glad ya had a great day

Not an embellished gun but a favorite these days a Ruger round body side by side 12 gage that carries like a 20

Sorry to hear that. Glad ya hada great day though! Great pics!

Back