Knives For 2019?

I just have to ask. How many of you have plans for new knife purchases in the new year?
My goal is a Spyderco or LionSteel.

Happy New Year, everyone.

Happy New Year!

I know of two knives I’ll be getting in 2019 because they were bought and paid for in 2018 and I’ve been w-a-i-t-i-n-g!!!

I’ve got an Eric Ochs Orca and a Delica Super Gold inbound in the next month or two.

Beyond that, I have no idea what impulses I’ll give in to. I know I plan to be more selective going forward and maybe bite the bullet on a full custom project.

Well, I have one custom fixed blade in Elmax on the way/in making.
Then I will be wating for Spyderco Bow River, Lamnia has listed price of 50 Euros, so...........yeah, I hope it comes sometime in January/February. And just for free shiping, I think I will buy a FRN Chaparral along with Bow River.

One purchased and on it’s way, a ZT 0609. It’s a belated Christmas present to myself.

Other than that, a lot remains to be seen.

-If I have a spare Benjamin at the correct moment, I’ll make a play for a V-Toku Stretch.

-I wont rule out a Tropen...but chances are slim as I’ll need to check it out in person first, and there are no Spyderco dealers anywhere nearby. The knife intrigues me greatly and Spyderco’s polished G-10 is amazing.

-If my new job works out, I might reward myself with something extra special from Bosie in the fall. Fingers are crossed!

New releases are going to have to knock my socks off, as coffers are light and my safe is getting full. (It’s a very small safe). ;)

Happy New Year. I hope. I've had it unravel on me pretty quick, so I'm not ready to say for sure.

I've been pretty bored with most of what's out there. Another guy helped me refurbish a little mill/drill that we had gathering dust where I work. So I'm trying to focus on my own folding knife design. Like I have been, for about eight years.....

I just grabbed an exclusive S90V Medford 187 from DLT for Xmas and I couldn't be happier with it (after an 18 dps reprofile for my OCD sharpness level).
I thought that would be it for a while but won a GAW and have a Spydie Native on the way!
Then I was perusing the exchange and saw a Protech Cambria listed and I always wanted one....it's on the way.
So much for my resolutions, blew it already.:rolleyes:

Been hoping to cool it for a while since I bought one or two almost every month in 2018 without realizing it was that frequent. The month of December I went a little nutty and made up for the couple months I may have skipped.

Apparently in December I bought:

Premier Spear & Pen blade pocket knife in horn from A Wright & Son.
AGA Campolin Zero auto.
Victorinox Swiss Army Karl Elsner Commemorative Hunter.
Buck 110 Slim Pro Micarta
Buck 110 LT.....

I think I'm even more embarrassed now I see what Ive done in my own hand in this post.

My accumulation of folders seems to have hit maximum density (for me) so I will be looking more at fixed blades this year. I am planning on a Manly Patriot and a traditional Puukko of some sort for certain. Then I will be hunting for vintage axes this spring when I have to get back to tree clearing and firewood production. I would like to get a Connecticut pattern to replace my beater 3.5lb axe and a Jersey or Rockaway pattern to replace my beater 4.5lb axe. And if I can find a 5lb Hults Bruk for reasonable money, I think I could use one of those as well. Or maybe a Maine...
Happy New Year!

I have two more custom fixed blades on the way. One soonish, the other likely March/April. Aside replacing a kitchen knife or two that's pretty much it for my Full Replacement Plan. A dozen users. Drawer organizers are next. By summer I plan to pick up a Wicked Edge Gen 3 Pro to maintain all these beauties.

Meanwhile, I have a similar program going on now with my watches. Repair, consolidate and replace. Shaking things up once in a while is good for the soul. It keeps me from complacency. I want every tool to put a smile on my face every time I use it.

My "hit list" is not really specific knives, but things I want to round out my collection.

Uncoated M4 (spyderco?)
M390
OTF (microtech or BM)
3.5" auto w/ decent (154cm or nicer) steel (Kershaw launch?)

Daado is finishing up a custom for me likely in the next week. It’ll be my first knife of the year. 3.5” sheep’s foot blade in 52100 with burlap micarta and a tapered tang.

He’s just doing the final edge and sheath this week. CE8BECF3-A99C-4620-914A-CA4D4F033729.jpeg

Obviously his picture since he hasn’t finished it yet.

I am sure there will something new pop up that I don’t even know about yet that I will have to try, but at present I am sure I will get (keep is another matter???) one of the following:

Spyderco Paysan
Spyderco Smock
Spyderco Spydie Chef
Hogue Ritter MSK
Holt Specter (IF they ever open their books again)

I may get a high quality slipjoint. Like the Hinderer. I like the way it looks and the.one hand operation. Other than that living in NY and being in NYC often means that an overwhelming majority of the knives can't be carried. So I have enough "illegal" knives that can't.be carried lol.

I may get a high quality slipjoint. Like the Hinderer. I like the way it looks and the.one hand operation. Other than that living in NY and being in NYC often means that an overwhelming majority of the knives can't be carried. So I have enough "illegal" knives that can't.be carried lol.
I am in the same boat. I was looking at the TRM Atlas and the Manly Wasp. I ended up with the Wasp in S90V mostly because of the more attractive price. I must say it is a pretty great knife. But I think I am still gonna have to get the Atlas for poops and giggles. Dangit! Add another knife to the 2019 list...

I'm facing reality here in the City. After reading through some threads here I'll only carry an SAK in town now. It's not worth the hassle.

Back