Knives from Louisiana makers

I have seen a knife that had "Boudreaux 302" on the blade. It appeared to be a good knife...not a Boudreaux joke. Does anyone know anything about this knife maker? Does the 302 refer to the blade steel.

Smith and Sons, Sulphur, LA. Several fixed blade models specializing in D2 and some demascus.

Hello,
I was looking on Ebay a few days ago and found the most Beautiful handmade full tang knife I had ever seen. Made with D2 steel. The knifemaker/ Seller goes by tomcat55 or maybe its tomcat555? Anyway, sent him a message and he replied and requested that I call him.

Well, to shorten the story here, I bought the 8" blade knife. Now I love big Big knives and 8"...well...that is just about the absolute Minimum length for me. Anyway, then I need learned the Maker/Seller actually had a much bigger one Identical to the one that I bought. He made them as a set but also decided to sell them separately per a customer's request. Of course, the bigger, thicker blade one costs considerably more.

But my money was stretching at the time, with just the purchase of the smaller one. I started talking to this wonderful knifemaker, expressing that I Really wanted the bigger one but just was tight on money at the time.

Well, do you guys know what this Awesome person did for me? This knifemaker whom I never met, said he would go ahead and send me the bigger one and worked it all out as far as the added balance amount for the bigger knife. I tell you folks, I could Not believe it!! A very generous knifemaker trusting me, a customer and new customer at that, for a change instead of demanding I place my trust first!! I tell you, it was like a real breath of fresh air.

The next day however, I figured that it was most likely just talk, and I actually expected an excuse as to why he changed his mind about sending me the bigger one instead.

So I go to Ebay and messaged this Seller to ask him. I was all prepared to be let down. But folks, when I got the reply back that said Of course,he sent me the bigger one as agreed, it made me very happy. He also provided me with a tracking number too! My new knife should arrive here tomorrow. Ohh, btw, I was raised in Louisiana in a drive-by hole community called Hicks, La.

Now I don't know about any of you guys, but for me, it's the few great knifemakers like this guy.that I want to do business with. Tomcat does not know me from Adam, as I said. Yet he offered his full trust to me, just like that. And of course I will def keep my word to this awesome maker/ Seller. And this guy is a true prime example of a knifemaker who cares more about his customers and going out of his way to make his customers happy, and help them, than he does about that Almighty Dollar.

I am very excited about getting this knife. But I am even more excited and happy that I finally found a kind, caring, trusting new knifemaker. And I have no doubt whatsoever, that Tomcat from Slidell, La. will be my main regular ( I will be going to whenever I want to buy a new knife or have one made. Ohh, and his prices are Better Than Reasonable!

And I already have plans to order my next brand new handmade knofe from him. And there will be both a good friendship and a business-ship that is going to stem from this. It just does ny heart good, meeting this knifemaker/Ebay Seller. And he is sure getting my knife ordering business!! Thanks fer readin'

Last edited:
Well, I am glad to hear you had a pleasant experience w/ this maker. Most of the guys in the custom knife world are good people and will always look out for you. I have been collecting, buying, selling and trading since 1988 and have met some really great knife friends. Happy collecting/buying my friend.

Iash8bS.jpg
veZ5Ftq.jpg
James Wiggins was a good hand.
Rick, I have a few Wiggins folders Id like to talk about with you . Im trying to find some more info on James. I spoke to Al who engraved them years ago
veZ5Ftq
bTpQaNS
cal8E4e

Last edited:
Yea, I realized that after I read your message lol I responded, feel free to call

Thanks for this. I grew up in Springhill. Do you happen to know if Reggie Barker is still making knives?

MJ713....Yes, Reggie is still making. I seen him post something for sale on one of the Facebook groups.

2014-2019: This thread is a survivor.

I’m from LA as well. Andy Roy of Fiddleback Forge is originally from Rayne. I don't know any LA knife makers.

Greetings All ~ Just acquired a Wiggins folding knife from an estate my firm is handling ~ Seeking some information relative to the maker, and have heard different first names relative to the Wiggins knives ~ Curious as to the history of the maker or firm, location, any background ~ Much Appreciated / Not sure how to add images here, as my files are not available via a URL, but glad to share via email, or otherwise > BellRemnants@gmail.com

Was pointed to this forum and old thread from another forum. I know it's a long shot but this knife would have been purchased probably in the 80's possibly in the 70s. Buyer would have been from Lafayette. Only marking is the foot. (Father's name was engraved which is blurred out). Any ideas at all who the maker might be/have been?
Thanks in advance for any clues.

20200723-100255.jpg

Knife-left.jpg

Knife-logo.jpg

Back