Knives I would like Cold Steel to Make

Just an idea. Not a knife. FGX window ice scraper in a freakin bad-ass Cold Steel style. A sharp thing that I can legally have in my car door pocket everyday. Something handy and sharp and cheap ;)
P.S. Its important to name it "ice scraper" not a skull crusher :D

Last edited:
Mini Recon 1......regret not purchasing this model when it was available. I've always viewed it as the perfect edc folder, just the right size and very durable. I don't believe I've ever seen a bad review of this knife.

I would buy a smaller version of the Frenzy. Like a edc size, 3-3.5" version. And a de-assisted Swift. I always wanted to try that one, but assisted is not my cup of tea.
Or does it have a detent? Maybe I could just de asset one myself on second thought?
Edit:nevermind, it's a torsion bar. So a non assist all black Swift please?

Last edited:
American Lawman with the original thicker scale. Wouldn’t mind the new smoother texture though.

I would like to see Cold Steel revisit the Hatamoto. This time with upgraded CPM-20V steel, and the vaunted 'tri-ad' lock. Another edition of the SR1 folder with black G10 scales.

FRN tactical ball pen.
all plastic construction but
for the ball pen's writing tip.
with a 6-pack cheap disposable
bic-type ball pen cartridge replacements
http://www.coursestuff.co.uk/ENVT1010/designed-world/bic-ball.html
Different pen body color choice;
with screw on caps, integral pocket clip.
a choice of optional screw on impact tips
that should be able to puncture food cans
without deformation.
must be able to blend in social events
and pass of as a functioning eco drinking straw :)

I guess we’ll know if any of the items in this thread will land on cold steel’s radar in 365 more days. ;)

I'd like to see them do a quality 4.5" to 6" Chute knife.
There was a nice double edged blade with kraton handle a few years ago. I think that they were available in two different blade lengths. I purchased some before they stopped production but can't remember what they were called. Looked like a scaled down version of the Tai Pan with all rubber handle.

There was a nice double edged blade with kraton handle a few years ago. I think that they were available in two different blade lengths. I purchased some before they stopped production but can't remember what they were called. Looked like a scaled down version of the Tai Pan with all rubber handle.

Peace Keeper I and II

Last edited:
I'd love to see an offering of a Filipino ginunting sword, a ginunting-style bowie length knife, and a reverse grip/edge-in focused design (pakal).

Repeating myself, but what the heck. Manual Swift would be great, S35VN Tuff Lite, drop forged SRK.

FRN tactical ball pen.
all plastic construction but
for the ball pen's writing tip.
with a 6-pack cheap disposable
bic-type ball pen cartridge replacements
http://www.coursestuff.co.uk/ENVT1010/designed-world/bic-ball.html
Different pen body color choice;
with screw on caps, integral pocket clip.
a choice of optional screw on impact tips
that should be able to puncture food cans
without deformation.
must be able to blend in social events
and pass of as a functioning eco drinking straw :)
Yes, a tactical pen, FRN or metal. The pocket shark has crazy proportions.

The pocket shark has crazy proportions.

But it works so incredibly well and is easy to acquire from the pocket. Bony targets are best .... back of hand, sternum, temple, rib, adam's apple; whatever is open for a quick "hammer fist" shot.

I'd like an XL Immortal folder. An Immortal with a 6" blade would turn that design into an actual folding Gladius and one of the most terrifying folders on the planet. More modestly I'd like to see the large Luzon with a green handle which would more closely resemble a bamboo stalk which the existing segmented handle is supposed to represent. Although I have the current model I would definitely buy one with a green handle as they are so affordable.

Reactions: AF
But it works so incredibly well and is easy to acquire from the pocket. Bony targets are best .... back of hand, sternum, temple, rib, adam's apple; whatever is open for a quick "hammer fist" shot.[/QUOTE

The great thing about the pocket shark is that you can leave it in plain sight and no one would suspect it actually has self-defense capabilities. For example; in the console of your car.

Back