Knives I would like Cold Steel to Make

Old style Lawman handle with XHP bladesteel, not the super old model with liners, but the linerless g10 one before this last current Lawman iteration...that tweener model is ergonomical nirvana to me.

Last edited:
Air Lite with thicker handle(lawman thick perhaps) and s35vn+ blade. This would literally be the best Cold Steel folder ever.

+1000
With S35VN but with thicker AND 3D machined handle. Just like the one on the Frenzy. This would be a market top killer!

:eek: An XL sized AD-10 ! 5.5 " blade . :p Same materials and build quality , not a Scout version unless you just must . :rolleyes:

I really like the air lite as it is, but since we are dreaming, I’d like to see an upgraded version with a hollow ground m4 blade. Make it in the USA and for the love of God, get rid of the “air lite” etch on the blade. I’d happily pay $200 for it.

I really like the air lite as it is, but since we are dreaming, I’d like to see an upgraded version with a hollow ground m4 blade. Make it in the USA and for the love of God, get rid of the “air lite” etch on the blade. I’d happily pay $200 for it.

Yes to all of this. A sculpted g10 like the swift, s35vn, reduce the font size to the same as the 'cold steel,' logo. This would be amazing.

Spartan Max! 3D machined G10 scales, Titanium liners and a 20CV blade.
Maybe abbreviated liners and a fuller to save weight

I would like to see a basic stainless bladed and plastic handled Nessmuk, sort of like the Canadian Belt Knife and other knives "inspired" by the classics. Nessmuk used his for kitchen and animal processing duty, so, while not exactly traditional, SS would work better IMHO. I really want one, but not at the expense of buying one of the fancy custom versions.

Just feel like shouting into the wind today, I guess.

Tuff Lite with S35VN. Keep the rest the same if you must, but this knife deserves a steel upgrade more than any other. Seriously, how hard could this be?

This whole thread is like shouting in the wind... how many of the stuff people asked for here actually get made?
To cold steel we are the minority “aficionados” that doesn’t represent what the market wants.
What Lynn wants probably matters more. Been a fan for 10 years but this year is kind of a turning point for me towards this brand.

* Mid priced Carbon Steel Trailmaster and other Bowies and Kukris. If you cant get something else just go back to SK5. These were Cold Steel classics, yet so far as I can tell they haven't been made in at least a year and a half.

* OSS and OSI with metal guard and sub hilt. These are fighting knives, it is potentially dangerous to leave them as they are.

* Many states regulate blade length by inches. Some states, for example, might say that a blade must be LESS THAN 4". Easy solution: knock a quarter inch off every blade (4" becomes 3.75"). You will instantly increase the potential customer pool for every knife while reducing manufacturing costs by some tiny amount.

* Design a self defense knife for my wife. She has no martial arts training. She would need it to be light, easy to deploy under stress, and deadly. Design the weapon, design the method of carry, and produce a video demonstrating how it aught to be used if the unthinkable were to occur. Offer a version thats pretty as well as something plain as an option. You guys are actual martial artists as well as designers, if anyone can figure it out it would be you.

* Every combat knife needs a video demonstrating what it can do, as well as spelling out what it was designed to do. This is FAR more important than spine whacks and overstrikes -- it's a Cold Steel, we know it's tough.

* I love hearing LT talk about blade and combat philosophy, but I would love to see videos of some of the other staff discussing these things as well.

Last edited:
Back