• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Knives in Customs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bmgillum

Platinum Member
Does anyone know if international packages are moving through us customs or are they on hold due to this stupid shutdown?...I have two knives coming from overseas...

Thanks/bg

Last edited:
Does anyone know if international packages are moving through us customs or are they on hold due to this stupid shutdown?...I have two knives coming from overseas...one of them has been in Miami 5 days...

Thanks/bg

Customs moves at their own pace.
Has absolutely nothing to do with the shutdown.
I've had items stall for anywhere from 1 to 14 days in customs.

A few years ago the LA port workers went on strike (120k plus bennies a year apparantly wasn't enough to unload boxes from boats:confused:) and I had a bayonet stuck in customs limbo for almost 30 days.
Customs is deemed essential so is not shut down even though they are probably not getting paid. Thanks the democratic congress for this snafu.

https://www.thejournal.ie/shutdown-us-3807591-Jan2018/

Too busy partying in Puerto Rico and watching plays to worry about us.:cool:

US Customs offices are open. We deal with them daily regarding international shipments for work.

Does anyone know if international packages are moving through us customs or are they on hold due to this stupid shutdown?...I have two knives coming from overseas...

Thanks/bg

US Customs offices are open. We deal with them daily regarding international shipments for work.

Question answered.
Closed, lest more political BS enter in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back