1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Boker Urban Trapper Cocobolo , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday June 15!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, June 30 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Also, previous Live Stream Prize Pack winner, ooitzoo, has chosen to "pay it forward" with his knife that he won and is doing his own giveaway, check it out here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/nib-cold-steel-prolite.1663761/

Knives On Order 2019

Discussion in 'JK Handmade Knives' started by JK Knives, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Pàdruig

Pàdruig Live and Let Die Platinum Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Excellent! Looking forward to it, John.

protourist and JK Knives like this.
  2. Grateful

Grateful Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 5, 2002
    Still excited about my Michigan Trail knife. :)

JK Knives likes this.
  3. JK Knives

JK Knives Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 6, 2001
    I’ve already canceled one order, and I’m pretty sure at least two more will probably get canceled. Need to get more orders coming in soon.

4. Pàdruig

Dec 1, 2016
    I'll see if I can get the word out, John. The main problem is, most (if not all) the folks I know who are into knives as much as I am are on these forums. However, I will be going to the Oregon Knife Show as well as a gathering in a couple months, I will be sure to show off your stuff there.

I also have an idea for a knife that I will pose to you in an email when I have a few minutes to draw it up.

5. JK Knives

Mar 6, 2001
    When you go to the knife show, if you run into Steven Dick (he was editor of the old Tactical Knives Magazine), say hello to him for me. He did several articles on my knives, and bought at least four from me.

protourist likes this.
  6. protourist

protourist Obdurate member Platinum Member

Aug 19, 2007
    I ran into him last year at the Oregon show. Nice guy. I'll have a few of your blades with me at this years show so we'll talk about them.

7. Pàdruig

Dec 1, 2016
    If I don't see you at the Becker Gathering, perhaps I'll run into you at the Show. I went last year and that place was nuts. I am not much a people person and I like crowds even less but it was nice (kind of) to get out of my comfort zone and look at all the knives. I had great conversations with an ivory carver and a few of the makers there. I managed to not spend any money but that likely won't be the case this year.

8. protourist

Aug 19, 2007
    I need to check my schedule. Last year I made the show and missed Beckerwest and I've swapped shifts so that looks to be the case again.
    If I'm going to be there I will get you my number so we make sure to meet up.

Pàdruig likes this.
  9. Pàdruig

Dec 1, 2016
    Awesome, sounds like a plan.

protourist likes this.
  10. greatscoot

greatscoot Colonel Mustard, Library, Candlestick. Platinum Member

Jul 21, 2012
    We really need some good knife shows around here. I was at one a few years ago, maybe 10 tables, it was sad.

protourist likes this.
  11. JK Knives

Mar 6, 2001
    Got an order today from a somewhat local guy for a matched set of Personal Camp Knives, in tiger maple.

Phill50 and protourist like this.
  12. protourist

Aug 19, 2007
    Cool. I wanna see them.

frontiertom and JK Knives like this.
  13. frontiertom

frontiertom Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 20, 2004
    John, I just took another look at the list! What is the RWC? Thanks Bud!

14. frontiertom

frontiertom Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 20, 2004
    Never mind John, I get it!

15. rdrogers

rdrogers Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 19, 2010
    I love my Personal Camp! I thought the Kephart would kick it off my belt, but nope, it’s still my favorite in that size.

JK Knives likes this.
  16. JK Knives

Mar 6, 2001
    Have a little downtime waiting for handle material (coming tomorrow) so I started two more knives.

protourist likes this.
  17. Grateful

Grateful Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 5, 2002
    Whoop Whoop! I’m next!

JK Knives and mqqn like this.
  18. JK Knives

Mar 6, 2001
    Updated! Knives in red start Monday.

protourist and Grateful like this.
  19. Simplejack

Simplejack Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 28, 2017
    now that my clip point hunter is broke in and I have my bluegill in the mail. I am faced with my dilemma of what am I ordering next. The struggle is real. Still reach for my kephart 9 times out of 10 though.

20. protourist

Aug 19, 2007
    A Rule #9 will kick the Kephart out of your hand. Trust me on this.

Simplejack likes this.