Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Blade design

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ergonomics

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • The curse of Tony Marfione

Votes: 11 84.6%

• Total voters
I was just “bitten” by my Microtech Lightfoot LCC. Again.

I haven’t cut myself much over the years, but it seems like whenever it happens, it’s always the dammed Microtech. Sure, I’ve had it for some 20 years now. But I’ve had other knives longer ... and they don’t keep attacking me LOL.

I blame Tony only because "user error" wasn't an option.

Knock on wood, I haven't cut myself with my pocket knife in years. I'm more likely to get a paper or cardboard cut at work.

So it’s user error ... but only when using the one knife ... over 25 years of collecting and daily carrying/using dozens of knives?

Nah. Gotta be Tony’s fault!
Tony actually missed payment on his annual dues for membership in the society of “Black Arts”, and had his curse placing privileges revoked... at least that’s the word on the street.

Improper knife handling.

I use a knife 8+ hours a day at work, not to mention fidgeting my sebenza at home.

Too much love for your blades makes you forget how easy it is to get cut ;)

I admit to a boneheaded cut some years ago. I'd misplaced my Folding Hunter and finally bought a new one. Poor handling allowed me to close the knife with it's spring assisted close on my fingers. That hurt and made me re-respect the Buck design. I'm not much of a figeter with knives and respect just how sharp they are. So that incident was a one and done.

I have never been cut by a Microtech. However, my wife’s car did end up with a nice little hole in the seat when my newly purchased LUDT came out of my hand.

Back