Knives & things that go bang..

I had a really good maduro Onyx the other day. I was pretty damn surprised how good it was. I will definitely be buying some more. The only cohibas I've had are those little tins of 8 or 10... ok for quick smokes.

I love Padrons... and if you don't which one I'm talking about then you shouldn't know :D

Ok I found info on the MSC.. stands for Mick Strider Custom doesn't it. Damn, that means it's gonna be too much money for me.

Are there any striders out there with larger blades that aren't $700 ?

C4 has me hooked on those Anniversarios.....GOOD cigars....
and dude......I used to live in Rhode Island.....I wouldnt move to New England if you GAVE me a house!!!!!!!!!!!!! brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrh!

:(:(:(

Originally posted by Kumdo
Here are some of my toys...

Kumdo, I've been around NFA weapons for many years and when Airsoft started to become popular I used to fall for this trick. Now I can spot Airsoft replica's in a heartbeat. The MP5 is the easiest to spot. The M16 is a little harder but the trigger gives it away.

I bet plenty of guys here assumed they were real weapons. :)

killerkain
out

Killerkain,

Nice pics, but I'm confused; is that like your personal private collection? Is all that legal??

I'm from Amsterdam, and contrary to popular belief overseas this here city (and country) is far from lawless, and has very strict weaponry legislation.. We know the U.S. is somewhat looser when it comes to that, but this just blows my mind...

Are you required to have a shitload of licences for those toys? Do you need a safe to store them? Any information appreciated, interesting stuff...

Christiaan

P.S. love the Steyr..

Let me correct a few of you...

GUNS ARE NOT TOYS they are tools! Treat them as such and you willl be well served by them.

This saying has been around since oh 1800's or so.

My guns and I have all the good ones. Are never "toys".

My 2 cents

J

Originally posted by christiaan
Nice pics, but I'm confused; is that like your personal private collection? Is all that legal??
Yes they are privately owned, and yes they are legal.

Are you required to have a shitload of licences for those toys? Do you need a safe to store them? Any information appreciated, interesting stuff...
Yes, in the United States there are very complex laws governing the ownership of what we call "NFA" weapons. NFA stands for "National Firearms Act" which was passed back in 1934 to control the legal ownership of full-auto weapons among other types of firearms.

Only 38 States allow private citizens to own machineguns in the United States. You can side-step some of the state laws by getting a Federal Firearms License with a "Special Occupational Tax" (SOT). This allows people who live in states which have banned the ownership of machineguns by citizens to actually own them. Not many people do this though as it costs $500 a year to keep the license.

In my state, Indiana, you can legally own machineguns and roam around freely with them. We can also own supressors and destructive weapons (grenades, M203 grenade launchers, high-explosives, etc.). Indiana is one of many states that also allows its citizen to carry firearms on them almost anywhere with a permit, either in the open or concealed. If you're ever in Indiana chances are you'll walk past lots of people carrying guns and never know it... which is true with many states. :)

To own machineguns (NFA weapons) you must submit to a Federal government background check, get sign-off by your local law enforcement and pay a $200 tax on each weapon (one time). It takes about 4 months to get one and you must keep the paperwork with you at all times which proves it's legally owned. Basically it's a tax violation if you own an "illegal" weapon. The guns themselves aren't illegal, but having one that hasn't had the tax paid on it is... that's how they side-stepped our Second Amendment which protects US citizens right to own firearms. I liken it to a poll tax used back in the 1800's in the US to keep blacks from voting.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

killerkain
out

I forgot to mention that we do not have any laws regarding storage of firearms (yet). You can leave a MP5 in the front seat of your car while you're in the store and there's no law against it. Given they cost $8,000 to buy, not many people will leave them laying around.

If you have a machinegun stolen you don't get into any trouble. All you need to do is report it stolen and make sure you notify the Federal governments regulatory branch, called the BATF, that you no longer have it.

I enjoy my guns way more than I enjoy my tool...'er tools.
My guns are my toys. I just don't run around the house pointing them at people and yelling BANG!:D

killerkain, the M-4 in Kumdo's pic was certainly a giveaway with the squared portion on the front of the carry handle, however the picture is too dark on my screen to tell what the MP-5 is, is it an airsoft too? Good replica if it is.

About the tool/toy thing. I paid a $hitload for my select fire shorty, and it is a toy for me cause I have a lot of fun with it and play with it a lot! Im on my second barrel. I got smart and got a 22lr Ceiner conversion and a couple mags and the kids love shooting it. Last summer we put on a shooting school for a local Church School and the kids went through 5000 rounds in a day! There were many a sore blackened thum on them kids that day from loading mags.:)

Originally posted by Rob Simonich
killerkain, the M-4 in Kumdo's pic was certainly a giveaway with the squared portion on the front of the carry handle, however the picture is too dark on my screen to tell what the MP-5 is, is it an airsoft too? Good replica if it is.
For the MP5 look at the stock and where it meets the receiver. It is too "square", the real MP5 stock is rounded and smooth where the humps are. When you've seen an Airsoft in person it's easier to see what I'm talking about.

With the M16, you're right. The carrying handle is too square as well. It seems to be a little better than the MP5 for fooling people in photos as you can look at it from the ejection port side and it doesn't look bad. The MP5's aren't recessed where the bolt carrier should be and stand out like a **** in a punch bowl as being fake. That's why you'll rarely see someone trying to pass an Airsoft MP5 off as being real showing it from the right side or with the magazine removed (unless the picture is taken from a top angle). The Airsoft magazine are VERY realistic, even having he date codes on them and caliber.

Also, the M16's trigger is toyish looking on the Airsofts. They protrude too far forward and are too narrow.

killerkain

Killer, good eye on the airsoft replicas. They are both made by Tokyo Marui I think. They're pretty detailed and lots of fun indoors. Unfortunately even these replicas are frowned upon here in NYC. In fact getting a "NFA" weapons licence in your is easier then getting a target permit here.:mad:
green with envy

Frank Q.

mp5_airsoft_compare.jpg

Here's a photo of a real MP5 (just took it) with the Surefire and full stock just like the Airsoft. I've highlighted the area's which give the Airsoft away.

fq55,

I feel sorry for you guys trapped in NY. I know the gun laws there are terrible.

killerkain

Originally posted by Rob Simonich
Last summer we put on a shooting school for a local Church School and the kids went through 5000 rounds in a day! There were many a sore blackened thum on them kids that day from loading mags.:)

Dang!!!

Wish I got to go to school there :D

Ross T.

Killerkain,

thanks for the info, interesting stuff, very much unlike local laws here. Amazing what they let you guys keep under your bed...:)

Did you mean to say the machineguns you have are unaltered, as in, you don't have to degrade them to semis for private ownership?

Thanks, Christiaan.

Good stuff killerkain, I see what you are talking about now! Here is my "Room Broom" I call "One Eyed Shorty"

Attachments

• mvc-011f.jpg
    mvc-011f.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 185
AIRSOFT?!! What's airsoft? Here are some more pics of my MP5...

Attachments

• dscf0015.jpg
    dscf0015.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 176
Actually the MP5 is Classic Army, not Marui. The M4 is a Marui with a metal body and RIS handguard.

I have a MilSim game this saturday. Gonna try out the MP5 for the first time in "battle". This one shoots 380 FPS, so it's gonna piss off the guys without face protection.

Attachments

• dscf0013.jpg
    dscf0013.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 173
Nice pics Kumdo. Interested in a Sr-16?;) ;)

Frank Q.

Sorry no Pic......

Pre-70 Benrus Dive watch
HK-P7 M8
Strider MT
Microtech Mini-Socom Auto
Colgate firm bristles
Guinness; on Tap Only/ Bailey's Bar Christchurch N.Z.
Dutch soda pop; Heineken Green

Hal
;)

Back