Knives we wished were back

Culloden
Double Edge Machete
Desperado
Original Voyager but with G10/Triad
Hold Out
Talwar
Peace Keeper

The Hudson Bay and Red River series. The Ontario Old Hickory butcher is pretty nice but the Carbon V blade stock was just a little thicker and the handles, though rough and simple, seemed to be better secured to the tang.

A scout pattern pocket knife in any high quality steel made in USA.

Talwar, XHP, with that 1/4 inch of non-sharpened blade by the choil fixed.
Hold Out, XHP, with that 1/4 inch of non-sharpened blade by the choil fixed.
Old-fashioned Voyagers with triad locks.

For those calling for the return of the Desperado, I wanted to let you know that there is a small glimmer of hope. I spoke with Lynn Thompson at Blade Show over the weekend and I made the suggestion to him that the Desperado was a sleeper design too far ahead of its time when introduced and that it should be brought back, perhaps with removable G-10 or Zy-Ex/Griv-Ex/polypropylene handle scales. He said that he felt that several of his designs over the years were ahead of the curve and didn't take off when released but later became knife community trends. (This is an assessment with which I agree, by the way, and it was borne out clearly at the show. Based on the huge quantity of vendors selling rustic or primitive woods knives, the Cold Steel Hudson Bay and Red River series were about twenty-five years ahead of the pack.)

He told me that he would make a note of the Desperado idea and keep it in mind for the future. I realize that's not the "Great idea! We'll put it back in production next month!" answer we all would have loved. But at least he took the request seriously and is keeping the possibility open.

-Steve

Classics in Carbon V such as Recon Scout, SRK, and Trail Master

Arc-Angels (in Carbon V), and titanium Ti-Lites (Japanese-made)

Old-school push knives with the leather sheaths, like Magnum Skinner/Terminator/Defender I, and Urban Skinner/Defender II

everything Hattori

did I mention bring back Carbon V? Bring back Carbon V

and Carbon V

Back