Knives we wished were back

Well, I would like to see the Land & Sea Rescue be brought back with a few changes:

Make it in both plain and serrated edges.

Plus use the newer Voyager handle design.

I wished the Talwar would make a comeback with S35VN steel.
Mini Bushman.

Call it the Bushman Bushcraft. That’s a lot of Bush.

200.gif

Desperado. I don’t remember what happened to mine, must’ve lost it somewhere along the way.

Peace Keepers came in 7" and 5" blade lengths. I have a few in AUS 8 that were made in Japan. Impressive knives, light and quick in the hand. I suppose the Counter Tacs took their place.

I have both and the Counter Tac's aren't even close, I think anyway, Ct I is 5" and Ct II is 3 3/8". The blades are asymmetrical on the Ct's, these are more of a hideaway knife while the Peacekeepers(especially the Pk I) are closer to the Taipan. I categorize the Ct's more with the push daggers but that's just me. The Pk I also came in San Mai for what its worth. I think they should bring back the Pk's they are impressive knives as you say. Don't get me started on the Peacemakers, not even close to the Pk's for me.
IMG_2794.JPG

XL scimitar flipper with 6 inch blade and linerless g10 scales that keep the striking ball and maybe a wave feature - well, we can dream can't we?

Peace Keepers came in 7" and 5" blade lengths. I have a few in AUS 8 that were made in Japan. Impressive knives, light and quick in the hand. I suppose the Counter Tacs took their place.[/QUOTE

I just got a tiny, and I do mean tiny Counter Tac in the mail a while back. To be dead honest it is disappointing. I wear an XL glove and I can barely grip the tiny handle. Obviously the larger size would be easier to manipulate, and I did want something super low key, so I will stop whining. But I would rather pay more to get more. It feels like I didn't pay much, and I got what I paid for. Even if the Peacekeepers came back in a plain steel, I would be on them like a fly on a lawn sausage. Cold Steel knows how to do many knife styles well, and those PK's definitely hit all the right buttons.

I m glad I ve got a couple of Holdout 2 s and a couple of Holdout 3 s.

Talwar S35VN please Mr. Thompson Sir, I am a loyal customer and believer in your products and have been so for years.

I love the larger CS knives but I wish they would bring back the medium size Voyagers and the Hold Out III.

Both of these are excellent small sized knives.

Back