Knives you gifted or received for Christmas.

Did you gift a knife to someone?
Did you receive a knife from someone?

Also, I know it's a bit early but Merry Christmas! :D

Well I know there is something (or 2) under the tree for me that is sharp. I accidentally checked my Amazon wish list and got a notification that a Cold Steel thrower and a competition practice throwing axe had been purchased. Thanks, honey! :)

There is still another suspicious box under there that has to be a fixed blade, but I dunno what it is.

I did buy my 10 year daughter her first SAK. She's going to love it. I got her an engraved Climber model from DLT Trading. She's going to flip out:D

I'm risking to ruin the surprise by writing this here...

I bought Peace Maker III for EatingSarma (not tagging him here so he doesn't get an email I tagged him). He's rarley coming here lately so I'll take risks... he'll get this knife tommorrow anyways.

It's only CS fixed blade that doesn't have sheath dulling issue, and as CS is sold it's maybe now or never, and as he said he needs something cheap and stainless to just toss it in his backpack and forget about it until he needs it because he either forgot or broke his EDC.

Also, I remember he told me he wanted to buy this knife on several occassions, but he never pulled the trigger on it for some reason.

Gifted:
Dad, GiantMouse Biblio black gray canvas micarta.
Brother, GiantMouse Clyde brass.

Received from my brother a ProTech TR-3, fish scale.

Just bought for myself the new Spartan Astor black G10, because why not....

Last edited:
I got a Gayle Bradley 2. Um, a bit early:rolleyes:. About two months ago. Because I had been really good all year, to that point anyway.

Not presents exactly, but I did give away two knives to folks I only see around this time.
One got a Civivi that I just got, and the other got a Daggerr that I was fooling around with.
I got a small drone from the Daggerr guy!

Victorinox-Cadet-ALOX-Blue-Limited-Edition-2020-BHQ-111247-jr.webp

My nephew gets to open this up on X-Mas, his first knife. I know he's gonna be thrilled!

I picked this up as a gift to a buddy of mine. It might not be exactly appropriate for shipping to his zip code. It’ll have to wait for an in-person visit.

I also have an Alox Pioneer & Para 3 LtWgt on hand, just in case of a last minute gift emergency.

I guess if you’re a knife affectionato you want me as a friend or relative.

I have a friend at work who collects knives and flashlights like me. He has given me quite a few lights and batteries and when I showed him my Viper swayback from CK he really liked it. So when my micarta Viper came in the mail I gifted it to him

I got my wife one of the pretty blue acrylic Artisan Arroyos. She had previously commented that she liked it and that is rare. To give you an idea, she currently carries a blue Blur.

I got my cousin a Tangram Santa Fe. It was spur of the moment. He noticed me using mine to cut clamshell packages during a wrapping session. I let him use it and he loved it. Well, I just happened to have a back-up in his favorite color. So after he went to bed, I wrapped it up and put his name on it.

I bought myself a CS Warcraft Tanto. I am pleased with the knife, but the sheath is horrible. I have posted that on the CS forum. My son has a friend that makes sheaths, so I am hoping he can hook me up.

I don't have anyone so when I seen a guy on the corner panhandling I pulled up and got out waving a big bowie knife that didn't have a sheath in my hand to gift him and he ran off down the street yelling something. I don't know why he didn't want my gift. :eek::D

JK... Got myself a large Espada smooth G10 model. Any hoot Merry Xmas folks. :thumbsup:

In some years, I have given a lot of knives at Christmas. A couple dozen Moras, a box of Opinels, Micras, CS Kudus, a Case seahorse whittler in persimmon bone for my sweetie. This year, my gift-giving is relatively restrained. I gave my boy a Rat 1 D2, and my grandson a Buck Bantam.

I got a Hogue K320 Tanto. I’ve not bought myself a knife yet last two years I’ve gotten myself something nice last year a XM-18 the year before that a Case Tony Bose Premium stockman. Not decided yet I want to get a FOBOS tier 1 mini if I can find an acid wash version

Gifting knives is very rewarding. People are very appreciative plus you get stories back of how they used them.

I gave away 30 knives at my retirement party last week and had a lot of fun doing it. Mostly Camillus and Kershaw I gathered up in the last year with great deals from Walmart. People I am closer to received Mini-Bugouts, Mini-Grips or PM3s. Life has been very good to me and it was an absolute blast to see their reaction. Getting them to listen to my knife stories and knowing I will get some back made it extra special.

Even my daughters who think my knife hobby is dumb enjoyed their Dessert Warrior knives I got them from Blade HQ though they were a little freaked out about them being auto opening.

A Knife is simply one of the best presents you can buy. Everyone is thrilled to receive it and you can tailor the knife to the person. People are amazed how useful a cheap Mora is and how well it cuts. If you buy someone who likes to cook a nice Chefs knife or even a good paring knife they will enjoy it for many years to come.

Back