Knives You Have Lost

I was reading through bladeforums and started thinking of knives I've had and lost. I've lost a bunch of knives as a kid(SAKs and cheapos). But one I wish I could find was a military bayonet from the Eighties that a friend of mine that was in the Army gave me. I have no idea what happened to it. I was at my Dad's house looking through boxes of my old stuff hoping it would show up. Nope. I'm a nostalgic person and one of the things I love about knife collecting is the story that's attached to each knife.

Only one so far, knock on wood, a S&W rescue knife.
Lost somewhere at the Colorado River years back.

I am currently missing a green Case Russlock that I haven't seen in the better part of a month. I recall putting it in something, although I can't recall if that was a drawer, a box, the garage, or what. I can't recall missing anything else, and everything else I've lost has turned back up after a spell.

American Flag Vic super tinker
Wenger nomad
Spydercos Dfly zdp-189

l bought an Al Mar little folder for my father back in the early 90s.l think the model was Talon ,l had it engraved . toward the end of his life there were a number of home healthcare workers in and out. It went missing.l thought it would show up when cleaning out his home maybe just missplaced .

My Otter Anker Messer has been on sabbatical for some time. It's probably resting somewhere in my office.

A CRKT Squid in orange with black stonewash,
upload_2019-4-13_19-30-42.jpeg
a Kizer Bambu,
56965461_2242176316038336_1148874666161471488_n.jpg

and a Buck Odyssey upload_2019-4-13_19-34-47.jpeg
(all images snagged from the internet).

I forfeited a Gerber Ultralight LST at a TSA checkpoint. When I returned from my business trip I hit a local sporting goods store and replaced it for $12.

I've had many knives over the years and the only one I still think about is a small 4" butterfly knife I had over 30 yrs ago. It was a cheap no-name knife but it was really well balanced, smooth and a great butterfly knife to carry around. I've looked off and on since and never found another to replace it.

A original Spyderco Worker full serrated super fine needle tip,laid it on my tool box ,walked around the corner and it walked away,miss it

I lost a cold steel voyager, kabar kharon and a coast lockback knife.
The first two, I left on the back of my tailer and I drove away. Yes, I know im a fool. The lockback, years ago was lost when the button broke on its sheath and the knife fell out.

I used to keep a Swiss Army Classic on my keychain. After having one confiscated at a concert, I bought 10 of them seized by TSA off the bay. I've had a couple of them taken since then. But it's still one of my better purchases. I think I won the auction for about $25. Worth every penny

Was the CRKT M-16 that I lost 2 years ago in my 14yo Sons school auditorium that launched me into the nutty world of modern knife collecting. I had a modest collection that I collected for the sake of collecting but didn't use them. After loosing the knife I carried faithfully for 25 years I started researching upgrades and buying one after the other till I am where I am now.

I've had many knives over the years and the only one I still think about is a small 4" butterfly knife I had over 30 yrs ago. It was a cheap no-name knife but it was really well balanced, smooth and a great butterfly knife to carry around. I've looked off and on since and never found another to replace it.
I also had a cheap butterfly when I was 12. It was a very nice knife too, from what I remember.

I used to keep a Swiss Army Classic on my keychain. After having one confiscated at a concert, I bought 10 of them seized by TSA off the bay. I've had a couple of them taken since then. But it's still one of my better purchases. I think I won the auction for about $25. Worth every penny

Ebay may be risky for some knife purchases, but you can't beat it for Swiss Army Knives. I've won a couple of nice lots for cheap.

Two that stand out to me, a rubber handled SOG lockback (Tomcat?) from a million years ago that I really liked at the time. Even though it was heavy as a brick it was a gift that was special to me.

The other is a CRKT titanium Eros that I know is in my house somewhere, but I haven't seen in some time now. It used to be my workout knife, a role filled by the Bugout these days instead.

Back