Knives You Have Lost

The 1st pocket knife that I bought as an EDC was an early production model of a black Kershaw Shallot 1840CKT, designed by Ken Onion, that I still think is a near perfect EDC knife.

KE-1840CKT.jpg

Probably lost it in a movie theater, where it fell out of my pocket more than once, because the clip wasn't tight enough and I never bothered to fix it properly. Went a couple of years w/o carrying an knife after I lost it before I decided to try to find one again. By that time, the knife was discontinued and all I could find were blem versions of the knife.

Bought 3 of them to in case I lost 1 again. Just sold 2 of those and am keeping 1 as a user BUT I also bought 4 other "like new" versions of the knife in silver and black (both plain and combo bladed) for my collection of Ken Onion designed knives.

The only other knife that I recall losing (more likely misplaced) was a cheap balisong that I have made up for losing by recently buying many other much better and more expensive balisongs since.

Last edited:
I had an Old Timer/Sears stockman that just went "poof" and disappeared.

My biggest beef is not with the knives I've lost but the ones that were stolen. There is someone running around with an old Buck 112 Ranger that does not belong to them. That is one of the few knives that I really miss. I carried it when my father and I went hunting. I would gladly purchase another knife and give it to the #@$%#$$ that took the Buck, just to get my knife back. Of course, another part of me hopes he cut his thumb off with the 112. Not very Christian of me is it?

Not sure exactly how I lost my Ontario Rat 1.Came home and found it was no longer clip to my pants probably had something to do with the large box that I was carried to my vehicle.

I did a search and didn't see this. Maybe I'm so upset reminiscing over lost knifes I'm not 100%
Since I replied last in the other thread, I made it a small mission to try and find 2 I cannot find. 2 that were gifts, one with very high sentimental value. No luck! Argh!
Gonna have to start really tearing $hit up, cause now I’m mad at myself. I KNOW they are somewhere in this house and got packed up in the last move or two.

Generally not a person to cry over spilled milk... Lost a Vic Adventurer at a job site a couple years ago. (Technically I just left it there and didn't want to drive back.) Had a new replacement at home and it went into my pocket immediately.

Lost a little Gerber folder that cost me like $10 from Lowe's years ago (maybe 20 years ago). It was a useful little edc.
My first two Imperial slip joints as a kid are gone... just gone. Long time ago.
A couple of SOGs (Flash series) are gone; probably taken home by my workers. Didn't like the knives.

I have never lost any knife that was particularly valuable that troubled me for long.

3-4 saks almost all my Opinels and also a marvelous 15 inch carbon steel Bowie with a stag handle, steel guard and pommel etc etc... That one still hurts today :(:(:(

Last edited:
Reactions: BBW
I had to throw away both a Kershaw Shuffle and a SOG keychain knife when I visited a federal building in downtown Cincinnati on my way to Canada last week. I meant to leave the Shuffle in the car and forgot, and never even considered that the keychain knife would be an issue with it's 1" or less blade. It was either walk back to the car and miss my appointment or throw them away. Not too upset about the Shuffle, but my wife gave me the SOG, so that sucks.

I had a micarta sebenza 25 and a zt 561 disappear from my belongings while in the hospital for a week 2 years ago. Still sour about that. Ten to one some idiot doesn't even know what they've got!

Man I lost a ZT 0777 (paid 650$), and a Spyderco Military CRUWEAR. Both instances involved alcohol. Sober for 10.5 months now :):D
Ouch! But if it helped motivate you to go sober it was a win. Congratulations and keep it up! I've been straight for 21 years now with no looking back!

I lost my prized SAK Orange Farmer. Tore apart the house and truck. It was driving me crazy looking for it. Finally found it this week in a counter top basked in my Miami condo. God knows how it ever got there. I was VERY happy to have it back. :)

I had an Old Timer/Sears stockman that just went "poof" and disappeared.

My biggest beef is not with the knives I've lost but the ones that were stolen. There is someone running around with an old Buck 112 Ranger that does not belong to them. That is one of the few knives that I really miss. I carried it when my father and I went hunting. I would gladly purchase another knife and give it to the #@$%#$$ that took the Buck, just to get my knife back. Of course, another part of me hopes he cut his thumb off with the 112. Not very Christian of me is it?

I had a micarta sebenza 25 and a zt 561 disappear from my belongings while in the hospital for a week 2 years ago. Still sour about that. Ten to one some idiot doesn't even know what they've got!

Don't remember any knives stolen from me, but have had other things stolen. It is not a good feeling, especially high value items that are not easy to replace. And things with sentimental value are irreplaceable. Sorry about your Buck 112, but your memories of hunting with your Dad you'll always have.

I lost my prized SAK Orange Farmer. Tore apart the house and truck. It was driving me crazy looking for it. Finally found it this week in a counter top basked in my Miami condo. God knows how it ever got there. I was VERY happy to have it back. :)
Awesome! Great feeling when they show up! I carried a Kershaw Scallion about 11 years and lost it for months. Looked everywhere and one day there it was under my truck seat.

I purchased a full size Griptilian after I lost mine. Two days later I found it in my wife's Subaru.

Don't remember any knives stolen from me, but have had other things stolen. It is not a good feeling, especially high value items that are not easy to replace. And things with sentimental value are irreplaceable. Sorry about your Buck 112, but your memories of hunting with your Dad you'll always have.
Thanks. I replaced it with another but it's just not the same. I don't even carry it much. My clothing and needs for a knife have changed over the years. A Ranger is a very heavy knife nowadays.

Used to be a big Case Stockman fan, still like them just don't carry them often. I've lost two in attics gone forever in the blow in insulation.

Lost a Kershaw Leek less than a week after buying it. No clue where that one ended up.

Lost a cheap micarta handle hunting knife when the snap on the sheath broke. It was nothing fancy but took a nice edge and was a gift from a friend. I miss it

Used to be a big Case Stockman fan, still like them just don't carry them often. I've lost two in attics gone forever in the blow in insulation.
Easy place to loose a knife. I have lost tools in attics apparently buried in the insulation. I keep close tabs on tools used in attics and crawl spaces. It is just not fun going back for them even if you find them.

Back