Knives You Have Lost

My first Benchmade, AFCK. Sent it in to have it sharpened, with no insurance, package was open when it got there with no knife in it. All my fault.

Good time in and hang in there buddy! I went from living on the streets, to sobering up and making incredible changes 21 years ago. I cried like a baby on my first year birthday, but we all come in at different levels of insanity or desperation. The only knife I remember losing was at a drunken bush party. I also remember throwing a switch blade into my best friends foot while hammered. It's better on this side now.
;)
Thanks Bro and good job. oh switchblades into friends yeah I have a few of those stories as well :D

That little Emerson multitool knife. Nice little blade, terrible multitool. I liked it as much as I didn't like it. Odd knife. I still wish I had it though. That is a mystery I will never solve.

Recently I have realized I can’t find my Boker Trance. Not a huge deal as it was more of a beater/loaner but w have no clue where it went.

Lost my beloved CRKT M16 of more than 20 years due to those shallow girly pockets in jeans at one of my Son's school musical programs. The theater seating was less than comfortable so I am guessing the clip slipped and the knife fell out while I was fidgeting to find a comfortable position in the seat.

The funny part is the back story... Just a year prior my Son was caught in school for accidentally having his SAK he had forgotten in his backpack, no idea how they discovered it. Being the Midwest that was usually something one would read about in the newspapers, nightly local news, law enforcement called, suspension/expulsion etc. Anyway, I lectured him for weeks till his ears bled for what could have happened to him and how his scolastic career could have been affected, he was just given the rest of the day off school and a nod to me to make sure it didn't happen again so he was very lucky. Needless to say when he caught on to me loosing my knife in his school it was a very unpleasant situation. Now we both laugh.

I love the GEC Northfield #66 Calf Roper in Hemlock Green jigged bone I am now carrying my third one the first 2 I lost in a 3 month time span.
I have lost a GEC Tidioute #14 and #15 Boys Knife both in Ebony but the one that hurt the worst was my Raindrop Damascus Small Sebenza 21. I don't know if I've lost others it's a good possibility and loosing a knife really sucks. :poop::poop:

Recently, my Koenig Arius came out of my pocket somewhere. Still not sure what to replace it with lol.

Last edited:
My first knife, a Buck 119, was stolen in 1980 by a neighbor who broke into our house.
Lost a BM Ares 19 years ago. It was expensive but had ugly scales, so I didn't lose a lot of sleep over it.
I also lost a BM Mini Auto-Stryker about 15 years ago. That one stung. I loved that knife.
I'm much more careful with my knives now and haven't lost once since (knock on wood)!

Lost a CRK Umfaan years ago, twice. The first time, a co-worker found it in the company parking lot and returned it to me. The second time, permanently, whereabouts unknown. I hope he found a good home. Because the Umfaan is small and fell out of my pocket several times, I had the foresight to buy two more just before they were discontinued by CRK. I'm very careful with the two remaining two.

Since the time I became "officially" a knife afi, I have lost four that I can think of.

1) Minimalist Wharncliffe. I to this day have no idea how I lost it, but I am pretty sure it failed to make it back to Canada with me after a trip to the USA quite a few years back.

2) Tom Krein Pocket Bowie. The circumstances around this one were such that I truly deserved to lose the knife, as I was still engaged in a bad life that I have since left behind.

3) Cold Steel Tuff Lite. I was foolish enough to put it into the breast pocket of a shirt I was wearing during a job that involved a lot bending and lifting in a barn. 'Nuff said.

4) Spyderco Resilience. This one was very annoying. I had modified a Resilience to have a straight spine like the Military, reground it thin behind the edge, skeletonized the liners and dropped the overall weight to the same as a factory Military (4.4 oz), and added a deep carry clip. I carried it to work at my previous job regularly, and one day at work, I suddenly noticed it was not in my pocket. To this day I don't know what happened to it. I bought about three more Resiliences since then, and still own four of them, including one that I have modded back to the same configuration as the one I had lost.

4.1) Honorable mention goes to my Laguiole, which wasn't technically lost, but I was silly enough to give it to someone who told me that he would never use it and it would just sit in a drawer collecting dust.

Today I received a package in the mail from @oldmanwilly , who had heard me mention having lost one of these knives before, and to my delight, here is what was in the package:

IMG_9371.JPG
IMG_9372.JPG
IMG_9373.JPG
IMG_9374.JPG
IMG_9375.JPG
IMG_9376.JPG

I had forgotten what a beautiful and classy little knife this is.

THANK YOU WILL!

Finally, Will did not know the circumstances surrounding the loss of the knife, and so the fact that he has sent me this knife in particular, I take as a sign that no matter what chains we allow to bind ourselves, if we sincerely try to change, then we can still gain forgiveness for the hurts we have caused, and thus we should forgive ourselves too and keep moving forward.

I thought I lost my ZT 0562ti yesterday. Got home from a park with the kids and realized 10 minutes later it wasn’t in my pocket. Found it under the drivers seat, pocket clip isn’t too tight and it slipped out. I was about to head back to the park and look for it. I’ve since tightened the clip up some.

Lost my Spyderco Toku v Stretch some place on the Kern River while fishing. I bought it to try Toku V, and the design just won me over.

Lost some other knives over the years, but the stretch was the one.

Other than the Buck 110s that I lost over the years(That could probably fill a wheelbarrow) there was the SAK "Champion" that I lost on a fishing trip in the 80's, there's the Kershaw "Freefall" I lost somewhere in a local junkyard, and then there's the Chinese "Doom Blades" ball bearing flipper, but that one WILL turn up as between when I last had it and noticed it was gone I hadn't been outside to get my mail for several days. I would not be surprised to find it under my desk chair or somewhere in the clutter on my desk, but I know how I'm going to make it reappear... By the simple act of buying another.

Back