Knives you regret not buying, the one you let get away

I am now waiting for my Spyderco Mule Team S110V knife to come in, I spent 4x more than I feel comfortable doing and have ever spent before on a knife before. All because I knew this knife would be one of the ones I regret letting get away from me. Funny thing was I found out Mule Team knives existed the day this one went live, missed the sale and thought they were all gone and randomly went back online this morning to look at it and saw it with a "Add to cart" option, so I did and now my wallet is a lot lighter. This got me wondering what knife did you let slip by and regret doing so? And why did you let it slip by?

For me it's no contest, Kershaw Skyline in damascus. I almost bought one for around $50 when it was still in production and I knew almost nothing about knives. I decided against it as I didn't know if it was worth it or not. Now I see them going for 2-3x the amount when I do find one.

I bought a new Spyderco Manix 2 in blue G10 for about $120, then sold it a short while later for what I paid for it. I'd like to get one now, but they are going for $200 or whatever, and Powernoodle ain't paying that. Oh well, at least I'm still good looking.

The blue, red, and blue blackwash Kershaw Skylines. I got to see them all while they where in stock but I didn't pick any up and now they are worth almost 5x more then they where then :(

Small sebenza with hondura Inlay at a specific store.

The hondura wood was beautiful, had a rolling fire look to it.

I denied it at the time because the blade had over ground heel (was pretty bad for a $500 knife).

In hindsight I could of fixed it on my stones.

That's an awfully long list...last on one was a camp perry griptilian, g10, d2, $160. :/

benchmade bm42 i remember lookin at them in like 2008 but that was when the most i ever paid for a knife was prob $30 if i could go back i would hav got the money together somehow

I have a few. But the one that really gets to me is the original Begg Bodega. I was very very lucky to get in on the field grade just before the price increase. I love it. But now seeing what the originals are going for and the change in aesthetics I really really wish I would have picked one up when I had the chance. I now have a policy that I wont procrastinate on high demand knives. By the time Im done mulling it over they are gone. So I buy them and sit on them for awhile and decide if its for me. Some end up in my pocket and others get sold for practically what I paid.

I regret not buying a Cold Steel Trail Master in Carbon V when they were still being churned out by Camillus but now have one in 0-1 so I'm content for now...though definitely will track one down eventually, always wanted a bowie knife made in my home state of CA(also hope I don't regret passing on their sk5 version, only time will tell).

Also narrowly lost bidding on a bk2 and bk9 on two separate occasions, would have been a great deal too if I had one either one. Though now have a bk9 on order and figured I can live without a bk2 so all is well.

A twist to your post....how about the one that you let get away and are soooo happy you did. That would be the Microtech Mini Matrix Custom for me. From the proprietary screws, "supposedly" custom ground blade by Antnee himself, unlimited "limited" runs (until cash flow is needed and we decide to crank out 30 or so more of the same model that won't be made again, then again, and sell them below dealer cost at shows ultimately screwing the dealer over that's listing them at the already over inflated price), fluctuating retail pricing, and questionable business practices. I couldn't be more happy I didn't not follow through. I slammed on the brakes at the last second on purchases from two different dealers. I decided to take a 2 1/2 hour ride to my buddies shop who had a polished version in stock. After 30+ attempts (including many by my friend), we were unable to to flip the flipper. I'll leave out the other many flaws found with it. What a comical disgrace of a $1,300 knife. Money well NOT spent.

Last edited:
I am now waiting for my Spyderco Mule Team S110V knife to come in, I spent 4x more than I feel comfortable doing and have ever spent before on a knife before. All because I knew this knife would be one of the ones I regret letting get away from me. Funny thing was I found out Mule Team knives existed the day this one went live, missed the sale and thought they were all gone and randomly went back online this morning to look at it and saw it with a "Add to cart" option, so I did and now my wallet is a lot lighter. This got me wondering what knife did you let slip by and regret doing so? And why did you let it slip by?

For me it's no contest, Kershaw Skyline in damascus. I almost bought one for around $50 when it was still in production and I knew almost nothing about knives. I decided against it as I didn't know if it was worth it or not. Now I see them going for 2-3x the amount when I do find one.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1151728-Kershaw-Damascus-Skylines-Preorder-Price-52

Kershaw guy is getting those Damascus skylines again.

I have a major one today, went to a gun & knife show, and a dealer offered me a NIB ZT0560CBCF for $243.00, and I passed on it.

Got home and saw what they sell for and am still kicking myself!

Back