Knives you regret not buying, the one you let get away

It's funny... I've been following this thread since the first day and I really couldn't think of any knives I regretted not buying in the past. And that was sort of a satisfying feeling I suppose. There are plenty of knives I want and considered buying but nothing major came to mind that I regretted letting go in the past.

Sure enough... saw an amazing deal this morning on a mini grip limited edition with wilkins scales. Could not believe what a great deal it was. unfortunately im really in No position to spend money on another knife this month so I passed. I knew it would be snatched up quickly so the temptation would be gone. And of course...it was sold and I have been kicking myself all day. Yes it was the right choice for my wallet, but damn that really really stung having to pass on it.

So that's my contribution to this topic... that limited mini grip with Wilkins scales may haunt me for some time. But...I did take advantage of the opportunity to preorder the Damascus skyline from kershaw guy that was posted also in this thread. .. didn't want to miss that chance so at least I don't have two knives I regretted letting go!

Sorry to bump this thread, I lost a great one today and need to vent...

This morning I pulled up Amazon and meant to search Spyderco Domino but had a brain fart and typed in Spyderco Techno.

What do I see? The Techno for $110 + $12 shipping!! :eek:

I thought, "This isn't what I came here for, but that price seems awfully low. Let me go look around at some reviews..."

3 minutes and a couple google searches later, I click the Amazon tab to order, the page refreshes, and the price jumps up to $154. :(

FUUUUU!!!!! :mad:

M390 para 2..

I'm already regretting not buying a s90v military.. I look at them in stock daily but just don't have the fun funds :(

Ill be happy when that "add to cart" icon disappears so the temptation stops and regret sets in haha

There is a Benchmade AFCK on a very large auction site that ends in a few hours that people keep outbidding me on.

I've heard you can still find them easily but I did not have the cash for the g10 foliage green enduras. I would like one.

AntDog

Gold Member
My number 1 biggest regret: A certain website (looooong out of business) had 3 Busse Basic 9's in stock. They were on the clearance page for $89. I thought it had to be a misprint, but I went ahead and bought one. The order went through. A few hours later on that same day, I got back on there planning to buy the other 2. They were long gone. I could have just kicked myself. Basic 9's for $89!!!! D'OH!

Had an eBay bid opportunity few moths ago for plain edge Spyderco Civilian. I was willing to pay $250 for that thing even though I already owned the Matriarch and Hawkbill Salt.

I fell asleep and missed out on a benchmade 710 in CPM M4. Went for 185....

CR carbon fiber insingo small sebenza....NIB. Went for 280.... I was at work and did not bid....still looking for my insingo...

Benchmade Ares in M390 with Cuscadi scales sold for $255 and another BM Ares in M390 sold for $250... All because I hesitated and I was too cheap. Had I just pony up the extra $50, I would be through with my Ares search.

Cold Steel Rajah 1, the pretty one. Kick myself every day for not grabbing one when they went on closeout. And I miss my Spyderco Manix LW like crazy. Smoothest knife I ever handled. Even over customs!

Last edited:
Native XF ad, Below bottom BC