Knives you wished Buck made

You are meaning on Buck's website.? I also like those in the Moderne series. The beef slicer is 10" and the carver 9". Great looking kitchen knives. I am glad to have the Empress 9" for our kitchen duties. DM

I looked up the 932 custom kitchen knife and it looks good. The picture shows it has a recurve blade and hollow grind. With a rosewood handle. Is states it is not sharpened which is no problem. But 8" maybe I could get it a little longer. DM

This is cool dreaming...I hope Buck is reading this!
  1. Vantage (both sizes) in Custom Shop
  2. Vantage with ball-bearings
  3. Vantage (both sizes) with brown burlap micarta scales
  4. 300 Series with brown burlap micarta handles (including Companion and Solitaire)
  5. 112 Slim Series AUTO
  6. Vantage AUTO

I like the old 117 thought.

I do believe that Buck could do a better job with the kitchen knives.
Skip the fancy handles and get serious about the knife.
Getting serious about kitchen knives includes fully describing the product.
It's not like your trying to sell knives or anything........

300 series 4.625 to 4.750 inch closed 3 spring stockman with full length/size secondaries. Full Flat Grind, long pull on the main, 5160 or 1095 blade steel. "Back in the Day"/"Way Back When" 20 degree inclusive edge angle.
Integral bolsters (rounded or square ... either one ... I ain't picky ... oh, and the bolsters not ground/polished paper thin ...) and liners of brass, Marine Bronze, Pewter, or German Silver/Nickel Silver. (Color Case Hardened steel would also be acceptable.) Ebony or Ivory Micarta, or jigged bone covers.
Since some would (mistakenly) think 4.625 to 4.750 inch closed is "too big" for loose bottom of the pocket carry, offer a optional belt sheath.

I agree with the USA made Canoe, large or jumbo trapper, and Barlow.

Maybe the 100 series across the board, with a carbon steel blade, brass or bronze guard and pommel, and a stack leather handle/grip option?

110 and 112 with Ivory Micarta, or yellow or "hunter orange" G10 or Micarta covers?

110 with a fine wood/bone saw locking or slipjoint secondary, combined with the "hunter orange" or yellow covers?

300 or 100 series Folding 16 to 18 inch saw suitable for wood and bone? (with a FRN handle to keep it affordable?)

Sub $50 Froe.

Last edited:
1. Traditional 110 with blade profile of the 110 slim and vice versa with 112.
2. Traditional 110 with a lanyard hole.
3. 110 jigged bone offering in custom shop.
4. Some type of dagger model.

I would love to see buck bring back more traditional patterns. I would also love to see more handle material choices in the 301,which is my favorite buck pattern. Have one in my pocket now as I'm getting ready to head to church.
I would also like to see a spitfire with a blade that has a grind similar to the one on the vantage with slightly thinner stock

Aluminum bolstered 110 and 112. Drop point 420 steel, American Black walnut, so it’s more affordable. I’m a fan of polished aluminum on anything from
P-51s, Harley’s...

This is cool dreaming...I hope Buck is reading this!
  1. Vantage (both sizes) in Custom Shop
  2. Vantage with ball-bearings
  3. Vantage (both sizes) with brown burlap micarta scales
  4. 300 Series with brown burlap micarta handles (including Companion and Solitaire)
  5. 112 Slim Series AUTO
  6. Vantage AUTO
Agree to those who suggested Vantage in the custom shop. Variety of scales and steels would be nice. Why is there not a 154CM Vantage blade? Buck, maybe take a note from Spyderco on this: look how many sprints they sell of the same knife with different steels.

Ball bearings would be fine, but anything that gets them to flip better would be appreciated. My older Vantages with polished blades flip better. So maybe polishing around the pivot hole would hep? Detent needs some work as well. The 3 1/4" Vantage is suck a great pocket knife. I have a hard time paying more than $40 for one given the poor action. I realize this has nothing to do with how it cuts, but I believe Buck could do better here. I know design and re-tooling are expensive.

I could go for a slipjoint version of the 55. I love the 55 as is, but I don't really need a lock on a knife this size, and it's be nice to be able to close it one handed like I do with most slipjoints (just closing it against my thigh, and pushing the blade close with my index finger).

Reactions: plb
i would love to see a "sharp finger" shaped fixed skinner in small and large size and
the small one as a folding one in the 110 frame!
as well as more gold etched 110s
and finish up the state series & add big city issues like Washington DC, new york, Dallas, Miami, ect

Back