Knives you wished Buck made

I agree w/ you tho.
The 117 is a great knife.
At least add it to the Pro series.

I wonder what the future Legacy knives will be w/o Joe around.
Some of the old Legacy knives were pretty impressive compared to the fixed blade versions of this year.
I'm not sure. There is alot of talented people at buck that might get their chance to shine and try to fill Joe's shoes somewhat on the LE knives. The club has been very quiet and for the most part stagnant. I dont have facebook but it seems that non club members can interact there leaving little reason to join other than a discount. Joe pushed and got the club the small Vanguard to enjoy.

In the last few years before 2021 there were at least a couple knives a year put out in the legacy series by a couple employees at Buck. They were very well made using great designs and materials. This year that was not done for some reason. No Yellowhorse, no Prater, no new designs. At least not in the legacy series. A few great new designs in the production line which is nice as well as the 100 series pro fixed blades.

In the last few years before 2021 there were at least a couple knives a year put out in the legacy series by a couple employees at Buck. They were very well made using great designs and materials. This year that was not done for some reason. No Yellowhorse, no Prater, no new designs. At least not in the legacy series. A few great new designs in the production line which is nice as well as the 100 series pro fixed blades.

This year's fixed blade Legacy knives really are a disappointment. Compared to previous years.

Putting ebony handles on a 124 is cool, but I'll bet more 5160 C&C 124's w/ cocobolo handles would be sold than 420hc ebony handled 124's.
The Kalinga is cool. At least it has upgraded steel, and the micarta handle is nice..... it all makes for a nice knife.......

.....but where is the artistry? The beautiful handles on non standard knives....? Hey , they made them, and I miss them.

The current fixed blade Legacy, and even the folding knives, have simply become production run knives that Buck can sell on their website at full retail. I understand that when your trying to make them available for a whole year they would need to change to a more production based knife.

Previous Legacy knives were not "production run knives".
I hope they continue Limited editions in their stead.

I have read here that at some point Buck was hoping to make "dealer only" knives available on a quarterly bases...... is that still true?

One can hope.
I do plan to actually purchase some of these Legacy knives, but I'm nowhere near as excited about them as I have been.

Thanks.

This year's fixed blade Legacy knives really are a disappointment. Compared to previous years.

Putting ebony handles on a 124 is cool, but I'll bet more 5160 C&C 124's w/ cocobolo handles would be sold than 420hc ebony handled 124's.
The Kalinga is cool. At least it has upgraded steel, and the micarta handle is nice..... it all makes for a nice knife.......

.....but where is the artistry? The beautiful handles on non standard knives....? Hey , they made them, and I miss them.

The current fixed blade Legacy, and even the folding knives, have simply become production run knives that Buck can sell on their website at full retail. I understand that when your trying to make them available for a whole year they would need to change to a more production based knife.

Previous Legacy knives were not "production run knives".
I hope they continue Limited editions in their stead.

I have read here that at some point Buck was hoping to make "dealer only" knives available on a quarterly bases...... is that still true?

One can hope.
I do plan to actually purchase some of these Legacy knives, but I'm nowhere near as excited about them as I have been.

Thanks.
Buck was talking about Quarterly dealer knives: so busy I don’t know if they are on track to still do it. 5160 Buck 124 I would be in for.

Back