Knives?

JK Knives

Anyone want to actually talk about knives? Your favorite? Your most carried? Favorite commercial brand?
My favorite - EO1 Kane
My most carried - Victorinox
My favorite commercial brand - Buck (110)
Let's hear yours!

Hell yes!
My favorite folder is my plain sebenza 21
Most carried is a SAK supertinker with an American flag on it
Favorite commercial brand.. I guess I'd say ZT if I have to pick
Favorite fixed? The Kane!

not sure I have a favorite folder - I tend to carry the Traditional subforum knife in my right hand front pocket for a year, until the next one comes out.
most carried is the Vik SAK Huntsman in my front left pocket -- the current one is less than 5 years old. the one before it lasted 20+ years before it was retired.
favorite commercial brand is Kabar
Favorite fixed is a tough call -- probably Kabar Becker BK16 or BK24.

My favorite JK is my Crooked Creek. Favorite overall custom is a little TM Hunt paring/hunting knife
Most carried at the moment is Spyderco PM-2
Favorite commercial brand is Kabar (Becker)

The Crooked Creek when it was new.

lzDWUjB.jpg
[/IMG]
lzDWUjB.jpg

I'd love to talk about knives, shall we conference call?;)
My favorite knife would be my Hanna's Hope by JK
My newest knife acquisition is a W49 Western Bowie Circa 1987
Most carried is probably a Schrade Medium Stockman if I average over last 5 years. Lately it's been a Schrade SP7 or a Buck Lite. There is most often a second knife in my pocket somewhere under my keys, usually a Vic Tinker.
Favorite commercial brand? Probably pre-Fiskars Gerber, even tho I own very few.
Knife most anxiously awaited-- JK BasiK (come on home to Daddy!)

I almost always carry my Benchmade mini-grip, regardless of whatever else I may be carrying. My "pocket" knife is typically traditional. This 18 that I modded tends to find it's way into my pocket most days.

18EDC resize.jpg

My favorite folder - ZT0999
My favorite fixed blade commercial - Busse WTF Infi
My favorite fixed blade custom - JK XD/XT
My most carried - Victorinox Waiter
My favorite commercial brand - Zero Tolerance

best

mqqn

My favorite fixed blade is my JK Tool.I've beat the snot out of it and it is my go to knife any time I go camping.
Jn86sBD.jpg

Favorite traditional folder is the 2014 BF Traditional Forum Jack.
sECo32Z.jpg

Favorite modern folder is the Spyderco Delica 4 in ZDP189.(though that could change if/when I get a GB2)
BC8FJrT.jpg

The one knife that is always in my pocket is a Vic Rambler.(the tweezers, toothpick and scissors are indispensable)
tjgXd7c.jpg

I carried and used the heck out of a Vic Champ for ten or so years when I was a mechanic in the Marine Corps.
That poor old knife was drenched in hydraulic fluid, gasoline, and diesel fuel.It's been covered in grease and gunk, used as a hammer, to pry with and of course the normal blade functions. It's never let me down and always got the job done.
TIh7yth.jpg

Ever since the 80s Victorinox is the one knife brand that I've carried constantly.

I have some JKs that I use when camping but it's hard for me to keep the names straight.:oops: Of mainstream knives I really like Spyderco. I have a Dragonfly in HAP40 on my keychain that I have with me when I have my work keys. When I'm off I leave them at home and carry a Delica in VG-10 or a Native. Recently I got a second Native in Maxamet which will probably take over EDC duties.

For non-JK fixed blades I have a few Izula and Izula 2 knives that I like to carry when in the woods. An Ontario/RAT7 is my normal wood processing knife when I'm not using a JK.

My favorite folder is my Case Swayback Jack. Been in my pocket everyday since I bought it back in June.
8Mb0VhPl.jpg

My favorite fixed blade is my JK stretched bluegill. My companion for hunting and fishing and has seen lots of use in the kitchen as well.
X3aIurhl.jpg

My most used knife is my JK stretched worker in 1/16" O1. It lives in my kitchen block and gets used daily.
6tnRG8Pl.jpg

Heck yeah, I like a couple knives myself.

Mykel with one of the few Ramblers I have seen someone carry. I keep one on my keys, I really like the tools it has. Definitely my most used and most carried knife.

My favorite brand would have to be Spyderco and the Domino is my favorite among the knives I own from them. My Delica is probably most carried pocket knife. Spydercos all seem so similar yet I keep wanting to get more, I can't quite explain it.

I have also taken a liking to the Ka-bar Becker knives. I have a BK5 that I have modified and I use that thing all the time.

Of coursei cannot leave out my JK Mudhart(?). It's been getting some use and developing a patina. Still lots of time I need to spend with this guy but I expect to form a close relationship with it. Trying to figure out what my next JK purchase will be. Basik, the new survival/emergency, maybe a b&t worker. Something smaller then my current blade to form a nice pair or even let the wife use. Heck maybe I should order her her own. Also looking to pick up a Spyderco Mantra and maybe a Gayle Bradley 2.IMG_20170512_184527_441.jpg

My favorite commercial knife for edc would have to be my old yellow handle carbon steel case sodbuster. Hopefully I'll have a jk soon that will be my favorite fixed blade.

At work, I carry a spyderco manix 2 lightweight

On the rare occasion I'm wearing pants off duty, I've been carrying a sebenza 25

As far as fixies, I've really ran the gamut. As of now I'm into CPK, Big Chris and survive! Knives. I also just received an adventure sworn that I like. Also a big fan of LT wright and bhk. Kabar and Becker will always be the top of my list as well. I'm trending away from the supersteels and the more expensive knives. I think I may stick to 1095, 01 and A2.

Also at the moment I'm really into hawks and hatchets. I have a couple Liam Hoffman's and I'm patiently waiting for a JK belt hawk.

Oh yeah, add SACs to those.

My current favorite is my Worker B&T.
Most used is Victorinox. Usually have one on me. They are so darn handy for so many things. Usually have a pioneer in my pocket, or a farmer if I’m outdoors, or a cadet if I’m wearing dress pants. The rambler on my keychain gets used all the time. I guess that makes them my favorite commercial brand, although I like Buck and GEC a lot, too.
Pics:

Purrkzi.jpg

V9q4LjQ.jpg

Favorite JK is my Phoenix. My design. I use my JK pocket scandi a lot, love the design and the steel. I use a puukko around the house a lot, Malanika is the maker. For a pocket knife I use a Swiss Army knife with a locking blade, it’s about the same size as their camper model. It rides around in my backpack, which goes almost everywhere I go.

Back