Koa Hunter

Hi Paul. Thanks for the post. I got this bronze several years ago from a place in Texas called McMurray Metals.

Thanks, John, I do appreciate it!

Sorry to bug ya again here, but do you happen to know what alloy of bronze it is you're using, I mean like silicon bronze or aluminum bronze or phosphor bronze? I'm not quite sure how different they look or work but I want to make sure I don't end up with something that has a weird color to it or etc.

~Paul
My Youtube Channel
... (It's been a few years since my last upload)

Thanks, John, I do appreciate it!

Sorry to bug ya again here, but do you happen to know what alloy of bronze it is you're using, I mean like silicon bronze or aluminum bronze or phosphor bronze? I'm not quite sure how different they look or work but I want to make sure I don't end up with something that has a weird color to it or etc.

~Paul
My Youtube Channel

They didnt know the alloy when I called and ordered. They called it 'commercial bronze' and when I did some digging around I think I recall reading that might be aluminum bronze.

In any case, it works and machines nice and has really nice color. It is a different color than silicon bronze.

Sweet, that definitely helps. Yea it's weird, a number of places I've looked sells "bronze" without any mention of what alloy it is, so perhaps it's a common type sold by most metal suppliers.

Thanks again! :)

~Paul
My Youtube Channel

When asked which bronze should be used , I often ask 'go by the color' . Original bronze was tin bronze. I like the color of silicon bronze .That is also one of the more available ones. Some types will give you machining difficulty,

Back