• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Kosa_PL failure to deliver

19-3ben

Gold Member
OK guys. This is a tough one for me to write. I'm a big fan of his work. Konrad ( Kosa_PL Kosa_PL ) is a wonderful craftsman, and my previous deal with him was not only smooth, but it lead to me getting one of the best knives I own.

But this time he screwed up bad. The TL;DR version is that I bought a knife, and paid for shipping included in the price. He failed to ship. Then claimed he lost the tracking number. Then claimed that the tracking number shows no activity so the post office must have lost it (although he never did provide the tracking number), and when I asked for a refund he gave numerous excuses. I finally had to get @Boru13 involved, and thanks to him getting a very firm hand on the situation, it was resolved. Ultimately, Konrad did issue the refund, but not without lots of trouble.

THIS is the sale thread.

I have typed up a chronology of the conversation we had below, with no editorialization. Each post is summarized, and it's not verbatim, although if anyone wants to see, I am happy to copy & paste the conversation in part or in whole at request. Konrad is Orange and Boru13 is red, each representing their colors as a knife maker and as a Mod

----------------------------------------------

03/06/19- I informed Konrad I intend to buy the Sphinx. I asked if he would be willing to hold the Sphinx for me while I put together the funds to pay either that night or at worst the next day.

03/06/19 He agreed, so long as payment would be that night, and I committed to it.

As promised, I paid in full that night.

03/06/19, Konrad confirmed that “Sphinx is yours.”

03/16/19- I messaged to say I haven’t heard anything yet and want to check to see if it had shipped yet.

03/17/19- He responds to tell me that he had financial troubles, but the knife will be sent, and that he has payday tomorrow.

03/17/19 I respond, saying “no worries at all” and commiserating about financial stress.

03/21/19- I message saying that I assume it had shipped, and asking him for a tracking number.

03/23/19- I hadn’t heard back, so I sent a message that was simply “…?”

03/23/19- He replied saying he needs to find the tracking number.

03/24/19- I ask if he found the tracking number, and I ask on what day the knife shipped.

03/24/19 He messaged me back, and told me that he is going to the post office tomorrow to find out what happened with the package because the tracking number doesn’t show anything.

03/24/19 I reply, thanking him.

At this point, I add Boru13 to the conversation.

03/27/19- I ask for a full refund, and I clarify that I don’t want the knife, I just want the refund.

03/27/19 Konrad replies that he will get home and send the refund.

03/28/19 I send a follow-up message saying it’s been 24 hours, and I an asking for follow-through.

03/28/19 He says that the refund will be in two parts, since the balance in his PP account falls about $15 short of the refund amount. He also informs me that he is coming home from Danzig which is about ~600km away. He asks for my email address.

03/28/19- I provide email address, and remind him to make the whole thing a refund rather than processing as sending me funds, in order to avoid getting dinged by PP for fees unnecessarily.

03/28/19- He says to process as a refund, he has to have the full balance in his account.

03/28/19- I thank him, tell him that it makes sense to process in one transaction anyway, and thank him for keeping me informed.

03/30/19- I ask for another update as I have not yet received refund.

03/30/19- “Next week pay day”

03/30/19- I ask which day is pay day.

At this point Boru13 wanted to know if I wanted him to send a message. I proposed that we give Konrad 24 hrs, and if no reply by then, that he should go ahead.

03/31/19- Boru13 sends a message saying that he has closed Konrad’s sale thread, and that he cannot post any more sales until the issue with me is resolved, and that if it is not resolved in 7 days, Konrad will be permanently banned.

03/31/19- He responds that “I have payday around 5-10 this month.” And that he will process refund as quickly as possible. Konrad sends an immediate follow-up message saying, “Btw. Post lost package. And I am threated with Ban ?”

03/31/19- Boru13 explains that he never provided a tracking number, and that I had paid for shipping, so Konrad had spent my money before making sure the knife got to me.

03/31/19- Konrad says it’s easy to say but “hard to do when you have a loan,” but that he will ask employer for a cash advance so that he can issue refund.

03/31/19- Konrad follows by saying that as a matter of Polish law, he has 2 weeks to issue a refund and that he is not subject to US laws.

03/31/19- Boru13 tells him it’s a matter of BFC policy, and that he’s done with the conversation.

On 04/02/19, Konrad issued the refund in full.

------------------------------------------------------------

My editorial comments:

1) He states on 3/23 that he can't find the tracking number, and yet the next day he is going to the post office to inquire because the tracking number doesn't show any movement. I would think if I were in his shoes, and I found the tracking number I'd want to give it to the customer as soon as possible.

2) Lack of some very necessary specifics. "I'll send the refund when I get home." Without any further clarification, the reasonable assumption is that means you'r at work, or otherwise out of the house, and at the end of the day when you come home, you'll take care of it. If he was going to be away for a few days, I'd think it good sense from a communication standpoint to say so. Same with him saying he'll send it on "Payday." I dont know what day you get paid. Konrad seemed rather intent on giving answers without giving information.

3) It's only when @Boru13 threw in some serous mod weight that Konrad actually resolved it, and even then he tried to sass Boru13 by citing irrelevant Polish law.

Ultimately, this was resolved. I got the refund, but not without significant hassle. It's a pity, because as I said, his knives are great.

Last edited:
Glad you got your refund Ben ... and agreed Boru and all the mods on BF are great assets to us all.

Sadly it's not the only member that had had issues with that seller.

Do the laws of Blade Forums trump (no pun intended) all other laws?? Just asking. :D

In reference to.....

"It's only when @Boru13 threw in some serous mod weight that Konrad actually resolved it, and even then he tried to sass Boru13 by citing irrelevant Polish law."

Do the laws of Blade Forums trump (no pun intended) all other laws?? Just asking. :D

In reference to.....

"It's only when @Boru13 threw in some serous mod weight that Konrad actually resolved it, and even then he tried to sass Boru13 by citing irrelevant Polish law."

Regardless of the particular laws of Poland or any other country, we are all guests here at BFC, and we are bound to follow BFC's rules. Spark (and by extension, the mods) can punt anyone who breaks those rules. It's not a legal issue. It's a forum policy issue.

Last edited:
Seems like every bad thread on this guy has a link in it to an older bad thread, going back years now.:confused:.

He does nice work but how is he still a member causing all these people problems?

And it seems the members he screws over are members who contribute alot to the forum. I have no dog in this but I've read a lot of good stuff from 19-3 Ben and it's aggravating.

Damn. He did something similar to me too. Why don't some makers understand that their reputation and customer service is just as important - if not more so - than their actual product?

Hm... By about 5 years I sold about 400 knives....

Had problem with less than 10 transaction.

And I didnt put refund by being pressured by Mod.
And like I mentioned in conversation - needed to transfer funds to paypal account in amount of 60PLN to click refund. ( automatic payments sounds familiar to anyone? And refund option dont work if there is not sufficent balance.)

Last edited:
Hm... By about 5 years I sold about 400 knives....

Had problem with less than 10 transaction.

Are you suggesting that there are an acceptable amount of customers you can screw over, based on how many knives you sell?

Based on your numbers, you screw people over twice a year on average. This is ok with you?

These people are mad they didn’t get a knife. You are framing it as if there are small mistakes made on a custom knife every now and then. Not the case. You fail to deliver, and fail to communicate. Those are YOUR problems, not general or typical business issues.

Based on your numbers, you screw people over twice a year on average. This is ok with you?

Less than 10, not that I had problems with 10.
Like once package got damaged in the way and was missing one knife ( sended refund in amount of lost knife [ 1 of 2 ] )

And around 4 cases was when I had Depression ( was mentioned in a thread with problem)

And yes, sometimes I'm a hard to communicate.

Less than 10, not that I had problems with 10.
Like once package got damaged in the way and was missing one knife ( sended refund in amount of lost knife [ 1 of 2 ] )

And around 4 cases was when I had Depression ( was mentioned in a thread with problem)

And yes, sometimes I'm a hard to communicate.

Communication and lack of action seem to be the source of the problem. If personal problems prevent you from keeping your word and communicating, it should prevent you from selling knives until you help yourself first. There is no excuse for screwing someone over, you put yourself in that position to begin with as explained above.

As for now from a month making new knives is on hold, until I get better personal and financial situation.
Now I'm most of time at new job (making sushi...), So I dont even have time to go to workshop...

Seems like every bad thread on this guy has a link in it to an older bad thread, going back years now.:confused:.

He does nice work but how is he still a member causing all these people problems?

And it seems the members he screws over are members who contribute alot to the forum. I have no dog in this but I've read a lot of good stuff from 19-3 Ben and it's aggravating.

I appreciate the kind words. I do try to contribute.

As for the link to the old thread, I think it's relevant, which is why I brought it up. Anybody can screw up once. Heck, the reason I bought a knife from Konrad last October is because he'd had one mixed GBU thread, something like a year before that, and positive feedback since. I figured anyone is entitled to be imperfect and I wasn't going to hold a bad transaction against him, and I wanted to give him a chance. My gamble paid off and I had a great transaction with Konrad last year. One of his 27 positive feedbacks is from me, and he earned that review. The issue is that now he's got another negative (with a few more experiences coming out of the woodwork here, such as S SIx Magpies and Barrettboy Barrettboy ), which shows that it's not an isolated and resolved incident but rather an ongoing risk any time you choose to deal with this maker.

Last edited:
Kosa has made some nice knives.
Its too bad, that there has been some problems. Ive been tempted to order a knife from him.

Back