• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Koster's Kickstarter project

The bigger issue, raised in multiple threads, is not just slow delivery vs. orders; it's taking money and not delivering as months and years go buy. THAT behavior is a real statement, beginning with "screw."

Uh...just read through this thread. Aside from my friendship with some of the stung (?stingees?), I have no dog in this fight. However the thought occurs that this link might be useful for ALL of the stung to organize a bit and send coordinated complaints, or at least list the folks who agree that unfair business practices have been performed and give each of them some weight in the complaint to the Attorney General of Arkansas.

justathought

Here's a link:
https://arkansasag.gov/forms/file-a-consumer-complaint/

Best wishes.

over 3.5 years late, nothing completed in three months, and his most recent excuse (as of today) is that he had a toothache...

I initially kicked myself in the butt when I missed out on the kickstarter offer - sorry to hear this ordeal keeps dragging on. I refuse to buy one of his knives, even on the secondary Market.

I was also disappointed to not have gotten in on the project when it came up a couple years back.

I didn't miss the schedule, I simply couldn't take part in a knife that required payment up front.

Something I learned way back when from reading the GB&U forum.... "Don't pay up-front".

So he did not keep his promise to deliver the merchandise within thirty days, as required by federal law (unless you expressly granted him a longer period), leaving one questions:

Did he refund your payment in thirty days as required by federal law?

Last edited:
So he did not keep his promise to deliver the merchandise wihing thirty days, as required by federal law unless you expressly granted him a longer period, leaving one questions:

Did he refund your payment in thirty days as required by federal law?
No, it has taken a very long time, numerous contacts and broken promises

The last update from Koster on his Kickstarter page was on January 3. Almost 3 months ago. His latest sob story indicated that he was “dealing with” COVID-19 but was recovering and would be in the shop “tomorrow” working on the long overdue knives he’d promised everyone four and a half years ago.
Call me a pessimistic skunk, but it wouldn’t surprise me one bit if Koster fakes his own death to get out from under this mess he’s created.

Back