Koyote Updates!!!

So I heard Koyote needs a 2013 post... :D

We've got lots and lots of updates. First and foremost - The knife shop is still running, but Christof is no longer taking custom knife orders :eek:. Instead of custom orders, there will be waiting lists for different types of knives. When Christof makes a knife, people on the waiting list for that style will get emailed about it.

If you have an out-standing order please please please email me (sierrastudent@gmail.com), and I will work on making it happen.

Also, I will be getting a paid membership again soon, so I'll be able to get private messages and what-not.

Edit/Update (6/04/2013): The knife shop is still lagging a bit, but some production is still better than no production. On a more productive note, *someone* put the idea of t-shirts into my head *cough cough* RPN *hrmhm*. So I made this happen: http://www.cafepress.com/koyoteknives :D. If anyone is interested (or knows someone who would be interested) in screening some prints for us, we are definitely open to that. You can PM me or contact me through koyoteknives.com. In the mean time, CafePress will have to suffice. I am going to have to get myself the ladies cap sleeve - it's just soooooo cute! :D :D :D

Edit/Update (4/07/2015): The waiting lists seem to be working well. Those on the waiting lists may have noticed I started a mass email list where knives that have made it through their respective waiting lists get offered to everyone waiting on a 'Yote on first-come-first-serve. I'll admit, it's kind of fun to shot-gun a mass email and then watch my inbox blow up with responses :D :D.

--Koyote Girl
Sierra B. Ginsberg--

Last edited:
Thanks for the update Sierra. :thumbup:

Guess it's a good news/bad news thing...while I'm very happy to hear Christof is still in the shop and making his awesome knives- it's a bummer he's not taking orders!

Thanks for chiming in and tell Christof hello, he's missed and hope all is well! :) :thumbup:

Thanks for the updates, I am just glad he is still making some great knives. Give him all our best. I thought when I hear a maker is no longer taking orders that it would be a bad thing, but from what I have seen, it allows the maker greater freedom to create pieces and post them when he/she wants, and not worry about getting caught up.

Thanks for the updates, I am just glad he is still making some great knives. Give him all our best. I thought when I hear a maker is no longer taking orders that it would be a bad thing, but from what I have seen, it allows the maker greater freedom to create pieces and post them when he/she wants, and not worry about getting caught up.

Good point. Andy Roy has been cranking out knives since he's made that switch.

Good to hear, I was thinking maybe he was dead.

We have a Fiddleback Friday, how about a Koyote Thursday ?

Hope to see more of his work in the future when he is caught up...

Nice of you to post an update, would be nice to hear from the man himself every now and then too.

Good to hear, I was thinking maybe he was dead.

:eek::eek::eek:
Very much not dead.

I am now officially in charge of customer relations - and I'm getting A LOT of people requesting to see more of Koyote on BF... so I'll see what I can do, no guarantees though.

What would a Koyote Thursday entail?

Perhaps a designated day, one day a week or one day a month when a Koyote knife would be offered up for sale on BF...does not have to be Thursday....any day would be great. People like seeing them almost as much as they like buying them.

I did not really think he was dead but when you get used to seeing posts and knives from a favorite maker for a while and then they just go away.....you never know.

Your sheath work is top notch by the way....and I have seen a lot.

I like it! Maybe a twice-a-month thing, and incidentally Thursdays work great for me. Although Tuesdays might be better, I'll have to think about it.

I like it! Maybe a twice-a-month thing, and incidentally Thursdays work great for me. Although Tuesdays might be better, I'll have to think about it.

Twice a month with your guys knives and sheaths available?! That would be spectacular! :thumbup:

Thank you all for the support. It's been a little over a week and I can already see how Koyote was overwhelmed by emails. Please be patient while I work on fixing it and if you haven't emailed me yet please do so I can work on making it right.

Man...8 months with the new plan...what a shame. Christof is really my favorite maker.

Glad I got my LBK. It was great while it lasted.

think I will send him a thinking of you card. I miss his work too, this is one of the first maker forums I check when i get on the forums. Koyote girl, if you are listening, tell him Hello for us.

I am listening... Sorry I haven't posted an update recently, it seemed kind of pointless without new knives to post. Christof keeps promising me knives and swearing that he still wants to be a knifemaker. I will let ya'll know when I have blades, but they will probably be going to out-standing orders and to the waiting lists. Still though, it would be good to post some new work.

I still we think we can satisfy our need for koyote knives by keep posting our koyote knife pics and how we use them....great to show our camping pics. Just a thought, hope springs eternal. :D

Back